'01 Protege CV axle Problem. Please Help

:
Mazda Protege ES 2.0l
hi, im new here.
I have a my drivers side CV axle on my 2.0 automatic protege going out on me, i had my mom order a new one cause i didnt have internet at the time, well i got the invoice and the item number matched up to the one for the Manual transmission, but when i go to the page they have a bunch of different parts and some say they fit the automatic and manual transmission, and some say one or the other, well the part showed up today and it looks pretty basic and the pictures of both axles seem to be identical. the company is telling me they wont exchange the parts all i can do is buy a new one, will the one from the manual transmission work with the automatic? god i hope so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

An easy way to find out is to call your local auto parts store and ask them. Tell them that you would like to know if they have one in stock and if it carries the same part number as the one shown for a manual Protege. Tell them that someone told you they are the same. They will be happy to give you that info if they believe there is a chance you will buy from them.

well thats whats confusing, i have talked to a bunch of parts store and been to a bunch of online ones, and there is always like 50 different OE CV axles on the page and some of them arent transmission specific, and some say they are, i mean i would imagine all the OE axles have to be made to the same specifications and if some would fit both then they all would wouldnt they.

Try this, then: Call the dealership parts department and ask for the part number and cost of the CV for your car. Then ask if it is the same for the manual tranny version. They should know for sure.

The other thing that puzzles me is why the place you bought yours from refuses to swap or refund. I can understand having that policy for an engine ECU (circuit board) but not for a mechanical part. Sure, you'd have to pay for shipping it back but no parts house should have a policy like the one you described.

Back