0-35 in 3 minutes and 45 seconds!

Skorpio

:
2015 Deep Crystal Blue Mica GT FWD
No, not in my CX-5, with my new VIAIR mini air compressor! This now completes my emergency car tool kit. Had to break it out and test drive it, so I removed my air valve core, completely deflated my rear tire, plugged it into the power port, turned on car and then compressor (remarkably quiet) and exactly 3:45 later the tire was filled to 35psi. This lil sucker is rated to 100 psi, but I don't think I'll try that (screwy). This will be great when I hit the mountain bike trails, too. Here's the Amazon link. Note, it says up to 225/65/18 tire and a 15 amp rated power port but it worked perfectly fine with Evil M. - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
ave9e3yp.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I think that is faster than my small noisy compressor in the garage.

I also have a 30 gallon compressor in my big shed, and while it's quicker, it's nowhere near as portable (yes)

I also have a 30 gallon compressor in my big shed, and while it's quicker, it's nowhere near as portable
How long does the 30gal compressor take to get to it's initial pressure after being depressurized?

How long does the 30gal compressor take to get to it's initial pressure after being depressurized?

What do you refer to my "initial pressure"? A certain psi or Max pressure ( I have the regulator set at 120 psi)?

What do you refer to my "initial pressure"? A certain psi or Max pressure ( I have the regulator set at 120 psi)?
Wherever you set the regulator. The nice thing about those little portable air pumps is that they are very quickly ready to go. (no need to wait a few minutes for the tank to fill.)

Take care
Gary

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would say it takes about 7-10 minutes to reach 0-120psi. It's an old 10 year Craftsmen compressor. Still works great, though. And you're 100% right about the portable.

Howdy Skorpio,

Thanks for info and after your other Kit Thread I started looking for things to add to my
Must Have's.

I'd Found this and wondered if this would be something that would be
worthwhile for the Charger/ Air Compressor/ and also access charger.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Sure sounds like the one you bought did a great job, especially for the price, looks like a well built piece of
machinery.

Take Care,

CK

Last edited:
Howdy Skorpio,

Thanks for info and after your other Kit Thread I started looking for things to add to my
Must Have's.

I'd Found this and wondered if this would be something that would be
worthwhile for the Charger/ Air Compressor/ and also access charger.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Sure sounds like the one you bought did a great job, especially for the price, looks like a well built piece of
machinery.

Take Care,

CK

Howdy CK, I'm glad my info can help you out. I have a Snap-On battery boost pack in my hatch, and have used it several times and it has never failed, so as far as tools go, quality matters IMO. I have no experience with jumper you have shown me, but I have used cheaper no name brand jumpers before and they all seemed to die prematurely. I do like how multiple features are combined into one, though. Looking at some reviews, however, it doesn't leave me with confidence. I can tell you my Snap-on is about 3 years old, has boosted several batteries on a single charge, and has never been dead, and I don't recharge it often. It's a good, high quality, reliable booster. It was about $200, but you get what you pay for.

This Scumacher branded one looks identical to mine except mine has Snap-On on it. Apparently Snap-On contracted this maker to make theirs. It's about the same price as I bought mine for about 3 years ago ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N4UQL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1405856956&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
I have Schumacher battery chargers, good quality (thumb)

The nice thing about those little portable air pumps is that they are very quickly ready to go. (no need to wait a few minutes for the tank to fill.)

Are you saying compressor tanks need to be drained after each use?

I think he is saying that the compressor tank has to be filled once the air is depleted..

This Scumacher branded one looks identical to mine except mine has Snap-On on it. Apparently Snap-On contracted this maker to make theirs. It's about the same price as I bought mine for about 3 years ago ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N4UQL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1405856956&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
I have Schumacher battery chargers, good quality (thumb)

Howdy Skorpio,

Thanks so much for the link and I agree, quality is the main concern on everything for me.
I think that maybe I was trying to get an all in one, where I can see that having two
seperate items that each in their own right are excellent !!!

Thanks again, appreciate your help and suggestions.

Take Care,

CK

Howdy Skorpio,

Thanks so much for the link and I agree, quality is the main concern on everything for me.
I think that maybe I was trying to get an all in one, where I can see that having two
seperate items that each in their own right are excellent !!!

Thanks again, appreciate your help and suggestions.

Take Care,

CK

Not a problem buddy! Btw, are you an NFL Panther football fan? (drinks)

Last edited:
Not a problem buddy! Btw, are you an NFL Panther football fan? (drinks)

Howdy Skorpio,

I have really been enjoying all the tips and tricks, it won't be too long before I'll be
getting my CX-5. It will be my Retirement present to myself !!!

LOL, although I like anything with a Panther on it, I picked it from where I live,
Fort Worth Texas being known in the early days as "Panther City"
Here's a link to the History behind the name.

http://www.sleepingpanther.com/

Take Care,

CK

That's a great historic story, thanks for sharing. I hope you get your CX-5 soon, I'm sure you deserve it ;)

Will that compressor fit in the spare tire storage area?

Yes Frank, it swallowed it like a hooker... errr, nevermind. It fits perfectly and the floor folds flat! (thumb)
a4u4y3ub.jpg

Last edited:
Back