What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I clayed, waxed, cleaned tires....and it rained 5 seconds after I finished.

Clay - Mother's Speed Clay 2.0 - this was awesome to use. Makes claying a lot less worrisome because you can rinse it off at any time.
Wax - Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - can't comment on durability, but smelled great lol.
Tires - Eagle Wheel and Tire Cleaner - great foaming action and easy rinse

My normal routine is Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. I love this stuff since I don't have access to a hose. I'd still use it if I had a hose. Just a super simple process that gives a nice shine every time you wash.

One other thing. I got a call from my wife this weekend freaking out. She goes, "there are marks all over the front bumper!...I wasn't parked by anyone!" I said...are they evenly spaced?... "yes" she replies. Low and behold, the preset drill marks for front plate gave her a scare :).

Changed oil and put that sgl1 into the transfer case/rear diff over the old 80w90

How much are you asking for them?

Haven't decided on a price. The installation would be knocked out if someone bought these though because the moldings are already cut, so just pop current ones off, pop these on, and tighten 4 10mm bolts. Then you'd have an uncut set if you wanted to remove the rails. Bout to drive it and make sure no wind noise and if there isn't any, make an offer,and I'm sure we could work something out...

Very nice. What other mods have you done?

I was so excited to get this cx-5. I actually originally bought a touring cx-3 in black, but traded in to the new cx-5 the day it came out in my area. I didn't realize how small the cx-3 was until I drove it for 6months. Luckily my dealer have me a great trade in and the new cx-5 discounted: since my family bought 3 new cars off them in the past 6months. Props to Mazda of reading.

Anyway.. since I bought it I had the front windows tinted to match the rear. iPad in the dash, just some decals on the front doors. (you can see in the pics) a little pinstripe on the front bumper under the fog lights, 3m flexible chrome around the instrument cluster and navigation. Some more chrome strips on the door panel( in a tasteful way) I will take some pics. And some on the rear reflectors. I figure companies will start making some high quality accessories soon so I can buy better products later. I also installed some multicolor leds in the interior.(I posted that on another thread) what about yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so excited to get this cx-5. I actually originally bought a touring cx-3 in black, but traded in to the new cx-5 the day it came out in my area. I didn't realize how small the cx-3 was until I drove it for 6months. Luckily my dealer have me a great trade in and the new cx-5 discounted: since my family bought 3 new cars off them in the past 6months. Props to Mazda of reading.

Anyway.. since I bought it I had the front windows tinted to match the rear. iPad in the dash, just some decals on the front doors. (you can see in the pics) a little pinstripe on the front bumper under the fog lights, 3m flexible chrome around the instrument cluster and navigation. Some more chrome strips on the door panel( in a tasteful way) I will take some pics. And some on the rear reflectors. I figure companies will start making some high quality accessories soon so I can buy better products later. I also installed some multicolor leds in the interior.(I posted that on another thread) also black gloss vynal on the roof.
647ff8273d23259932d7a9a2ebd61773.jpg
what about yourself?

2d519829c8a7733c5bf46e1153db3546.jpg
03b03b029bf61df92b09cfd5f2a81b63.jpg

You painted the top black? I like it!

Also added the side skirt, like that as well.

It's vynal wrap in high gloss. I also just added chrome moldings (the cuttable kind which I painted the end where the cuts are black to take your eye off and applied with heat gun). No issues so far and I had them on for about a month. I liked them on the plastic trim bs the paint because they draw your eye down and give the illusion of the car looking lower (when it actually is not,in my opinion) lol

It's vynal wrap in high gloss. I also just added chrome moldings (the cuttable kind which I painted the end where the cuts are black to take your eye off and applied with heat gun). No issues so far and I had them on for about a month. I liked them on the plastic trim bs the paint because they draw your eye down and give the illusion of the car looking lower (when it actually is not,in my opinion) lol

It looks awesome.
So you did this with just some chrome molding?
QKF151R10.JPG

Very nice and saved about $700 that the side skirts cost.

It looks awesome.
So you did this with just some chrome molding?
QKF151R10.JPG

Very nice and saved about $700 that the side skirts cost.

Yes. I bought it at pep boys, for about 20 bucks, measured and cut to size and slapped it on. I used a heat gun and slowly warmed up the strips. The strips are thick so you have to take your time so the heat penetrates the adhesive tape on the other side of the strip. I noticed you can not hold the heat gun too closely because it will wrinkle the strip slightly. One roll at pep boys was just enough to do the length of all 4 doors. I love the factory moldings but for that money, I will never get any of that back with resale. [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Yes. I bought it at pep boys, for about 20 bucks, measured and cut to size and slapped it on. I used a heat gun and slowly warmed up the strips. The strips are thick so you have to take your time so the heat penetrates the adhesive tape on the other side of the strip. I noticed you can not hold the heat gun too closely because it will wrinkle the strip slightly. One roll at pep boys was just enough to do the length of all 4 doors. I love the factory moldings but for that money, I will never get any of that back with resale. [emoji1303]

can you Post closer photos of your finished work and link to the chrome from pep boys.. Please..

Got a notice from insurance they would not renew my policy. Maybe my 3rd claim which was someone damaging my car in parking lot and driving away tipped it.

Never made sense to me, that's like your health care insurance dropping you because you went to the doctor.. 1.) broke leg, 2.) cold 3.) chest pain, Ops, that's three okay insurance dropps you..

In my opinion that black top would look great on the white, silver, eternal blue and maybe even the soul red and machine gray. It wouldn't even show up on my deep blue that looks almost black. Maybe I'll go with a white top like the old Land Rovers...
ext_rear_right-620x415.jpg

Last edited:
Never made sense to me, that's like your health care insurance dropping you because you went to the doctor.. 1.) broke leg, 2.) cold 3.) chest pain, Ops, that's three okay insurance dropps you..

Actually, in health care that used to happen all the time. Too many big problems, and they would jack your rates up so high that you could not afford it.

In my opinion that black top would look great on the white, silver, eternal blue and maybe even the soul red and machine gray. It wouldn't even show up on my deep blue that looks almost black. Maybe I'll go with a white top like the old Land Rovers...
ext_rear_right-620x415.jpg

Hey that could be interesting. A black top would still look nice ok the blue I think as well. Or they have Metallic black.

Anyway.. since I bought it I had the front windows tinted to match the rear. iPad in the dash, just some decals on the front doors. (you can see in the pics) a little pinstripe on the front bumper under the fog lights, 3m flexible chrome around the instrument cluster and navigation. Some more chrome strips on the door panel( in a tasteful way) I will take some pics. And some on the rear reflectors. I figure companies will start making some high quality accessories soon so I can buy better products later. I also installed some multicolor leds in the interior.(I posted that on another thread) what about yourself?

You did a great job. My car is still stock. ):

Back