frozen driver side window

tranzformer

:
2002 P5
my driver side window is frozen. I think its from the fact that I washed my car the other week to clean all the road salt off the car. Any ideas how i can"unfreeze" my window without burning out the motor? Or do i just have to wait for the temps to warm up, which might be awhile here in Michigan.

if it's really important, use a hair dryer, unless its the actual mechanism inside the door that's frozen as compared to the top of the window. then, you would have to wait..

tranzformer said:
my driver side window is frozen. I think its from the fact that I washed my car the other week to clean all the road salt off the car. Any ideas how i can"unfreeze" my window without burning out the motor? Or do i just have to wait for the temps to warm up, which might be awhile here in Michigan.

Just wait, blowdrying mihgt just melt the ice but not neccesarily get all the water out unless u take your door panel off, depending on where it's stuck. (If u have a heated garage let it sit in there for a few days or take a nice long trip with ur defroster on. (Old tricks from before I learned to not wash my car when the weather was below freezing and I didn't have a heated garage). Somethings u just have to live with unfortuneately living in a cold climate.

Back