Honesty is the only policy.

After reading through another thread on the board it seems the general consensus is "be honest". As GHL grows as a company we've brought in new machinery and technology to improve production time and make our team overall more effective. Our most recent addition is a Pines CNC mandrel bender. This bender was brought in as the mandrel on our older Hines bender was on its way out. This new bender has been just a bit on the difficult side. By just a bit I mean drives me crazy ;) It bends 2.5" fine however any time a 3" pipe is put on it either ripples or flat out breaks it. Goku4658 was our first production customer and his system is completely done accept for the 4 bends.

We have been dealing directly with the manufacturer to get the new bender up and running. They believe they have been able to solve the problem and from what I have been told are overnighting the replacement parts. If I felt comfortable with thinking everything was just going to be A Ok then I would not be making this post. Another step we have taken is to buy a new Mandrel for the old bender, which although slower still gets the job done. This piece will not be available for a minimum of two weeks.

I am in utter disbelief that at the time we enter a market that has been handed excuses and let downs, our product is finished and now setback. To our customers and those interested, we have not charged anyone for any product as we never charge until the day the order is ready. This problem must be resolved quickly and is the number 1 priority. It could be tommorow at the earliest, or later if we must wait for the new mandrel. Although not my preference I can send out systems with ripples under the conditions of free replacements once the benders are up and running again.

The whole purpose of this post; I dont want to be another let down to you. I want to let you know whats going on in the world of the manufacturer that wants to provide for you. In reality the bender not working is just an annoyance thats being worked out, the problem lies in that a breach of trust early on can be unrepairable and it was felt this was the best way to let everyone know rather than hide behind IM's.

Thank you for reading. Your feedback is very important to us so feel free to respond. Im including some pics so you can all see what I am reffering to.

Brand new bender (yupnope) (for now)
MVC_004L.sized.jpg

Old Bender Awaiting new mandrel
MVC_005L_001.sized.jpg

Ripple in pipe
MVC_002L_002.sized.jpg

Extreme Bend Failure
MVC_003L.sized.jpg

The only part needing bends
MVC_006L_001.sized.jpg

could it be the quality of material you're using?? I've used regular crush benders before that have torn pipe. I switched supplier and never had the problem again.

You are the bomb man. I am saving nickles and dimes to support your company (and get a sick exhaust) :). But anyway I think all of us on the boards really appreciate your awesome hard work and honesty. Looking forward to doing buisiness with you.

-Mark

You ever consider offering business classes?

Also, OT, but you guys planning on making an exhaust manifold or anything else in the future?

At least your letting us know what's wrong. It works out for me anyway cause now by the time you charge my card it should be on next month's bill. And I have no problem waiting.

First we'll get the bender working, then bend some desks :)

Thanks for being understanding, I felt it was better to adress it publicly before we were asked publicly.

As for a manifold, it can be done depending on the market.
Delivery_Guy said:
You ever consider offering business classes?

Also, OT, but you guys planning on making an exhaust manifold or anything else in the future?

I am still going to buy the downpipe and cat from you even if we have to wait. also i will by your exhaust manifold when you build it.

Just another reason why I love these GHL guys, HONEST, something some vendors on here are not. When GHL has excuses as to why their products are not being shipped they actually have proof and the delays are actually believable. Some other companies on here have a different excuse every week and they must think eveyone here is just plain dumb to believe anyone in life could have such bad luck for such a looooooooooooooong time.

OK screw it I am calling GHL right now to order mine :D

GHL Motorsports said:
Although not my preference I can send out systems with ripples under the conditions of free replacements once the benders are up and running again.

So you are saying that you will ship out systems with defects to someone who wants their parts NOW, and will replace it for free once the machine(s) are running 100%?

Damn. Incredible service if you ask me.

(2thumbs)

Exactly, this is offered in case someone has a race event or gtg to attend and really wants their parts on their car. Ive been in that situation before and I dont wish it anyone.

jersey_emt said:
So you are saying that you will ship out systems with defects to someone who wants their parts NOW, and will replace it for free once the machine(s) are running 100%?

Damn. Incredible service if you ask me.

(2thumbs)

lol
"extreme bend failure"

this kind of customer service and consideration won't likely go unnoticed.

now if only I had money and my speed fixed...
:(

It's true. GHL is great!

GHL has been pm'ing me on a regular basis about my exhaust, as well as talking to them on the phone. I was told about the problem w/ the bender immediately and was 100% totally shocked when they offered to send me a "less than perfect" pipe w/ the ripples with plans to replace it as soon as they got the problem fixed, all at no extra cost to me!

But I was so impressed with their honesty and approach to the whole situation, I just told them it was no problem. No need for them to pay to ship out duplicate parts out to me twice, especially when I see firsthand how great they are to their customers. So even though my days begin and end praying for the exhaust to come, I know that they'll the right thing by me. Plus, the waiting will make it that much sweeter when it gets here.

-Jon

I applaud GHLs honesty, nice to have vendors on here that are more concerned with customer satisfaction than profit. On the bender note check the thickness of your tubing...I know we ran into the same problem with ripples and it turned out to be just cheap thin walled steel. Hehe in fact seeing that ripped pipe brought back horror stories! If you want I can look around the shop and find the thickness ratings for each diameter size pipe for mandrel bending...hehe isn't CNC nice, you just stick a pipe in and hit print all day long....

what if somebody wanted it to be 2.5"? could they order one now? if so, would the price be adjusted at all...well anyways i agree with your philosophy, honest is the way to go.

Back