how did u guys get such low prices??

jhanson9 said:
Don't hate cause you drive a Ford Focus Engine!, that's right baby, you drive a Ford Focus 2.0L Zetec made in Mexico baby!!! It's a Ford!!!!

I had a Contour right before the P5. it had the 2 liter 4 cylinder Zetec. I can tell you first hand the motors are entirely different.

Zetec whoops the Mazdas ass for smoothness but it had s*** for power below 4k. The mazda pulls like a champ right after idle. The zetec was a smooth smooth engine and at 80 sounded quieter than the mazda does at 70. It was actually more reliable than this mazda has been. Teh Contour takes high speed sweepers much better.

either way...the engines are NOT the same and at least I can say I have owned both.

I just watched the papers for a add with a real low price AND 0% financing. Bring it in and ask to see the add car. They have to have one on the lot. Once they sell one at the advertised price, another is designated the sale car. I got there as they were selling a black one, so they said they would let me pick the next one of about five they had left. My salesman only got $100 flat pay for a sale car so he wanted to get onto the next customer. Keep sending their offers back until ALL the numbers are acceptable to you or leave. It helps to bring someone who is a salesman with you so they know the game and usually speeds up the process.

haha maybe you should ask my dad. I got my auto 2003.5 silver p5 for 13,800, so around 15000 out the door brand new. he could've gotten it lower if he got a lazer blue and manual. so yeah. =\ should've got the lazer blue with manual now..

UUUUHHHHHHHHHH................cool thread from ---2002--- guys(poke)

but...............i got a good deal too. bought mine from an old lady, 02 w/ 20k mi on it.

did i mention i got a good deal (anyone seen Van Wilder?)

(shocked)

used i purchased my 02' p5 for $8500 w/ 51K. The car wasn't stock, it has tints and a front after market sway bar and Kumho tired. not to mention leather, sport-auto, and a 6 disk cd changer. The previous owner was a smoker, so they knocked a few off...but a little TLC and some windex, you could never tell it was owned by a chimney.

pfive said:
used i purchased my 02' p5 for $8500 w/ 51K. The car wasn't stock, it has tints and a front after market sway bar and Kumho tired. not to mention leather, sport-auto, and a 6 disk cd changer. The previous owner was a smoker, so they knocked a few off...but a little TLC and some windex, you could never tell it was owned by a chimney.

Bull s***...Last I heard...2002 didn't get leather. "sport" auto was 2003.

Mazda P5 driver said:
Bull s***...Last I heard...2002 didn't get leather. "sport" auto was 2003.

i sit on leather and have a auto-stick tranny...im going to take photos this weekend (weather permitting)..

-pixy- said:
the 2002.5 had the "sport" auto & leather was a dealer option

the leather is nice too..not that cheap crap. the auto-stick is a nice touch because i've always wanted one. i lack the coordination for a manual and I only thought higher end cars had the auto-stick.

Latest posts

Back