Need some input...

3Zoom3

:
2004 Mazda3 5-door
I got a set of red taillights, and am trying to figure out if I like them or not. There is a yellow 5-door with red taillights in the Japanese Axela brochure (theres one on ebay right now) that I think looks good. Lemme know what you think about black with red. I keep waffling on this...
Jeff

Attachments

• DSCF0634.JPG
    DSCF0634.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF0632.JPG
    DSCF0632.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF0633.JPG
    DSCF0633.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 357
the red looks good.. I'd keep it despite the fact that it makes it look a lot like a VW Golf.

could someone please tell me why my Mazda 3 has the red tail lights?

I hate how they look, can the red be taken out. Also ive noticed that alot of US are clear, and ones from Canada are red

Why?

Thanks

my wife has the black out tail lights and i have also seen them in chrome

Different models get different tail light treatments. I have an orange GT HB (Canadian) and it has black tail lights. From what I gather, only the GT trim level has the black tail lights (HB or sedan).

Go with the black tail lights.

3Zoom3, the reds would look better if it wasn't all red. Maybe if it was mostly red with clear rings around the lights...

Jpasta said:
can i take the red off and how?

thanks
Nope. Color is molded into the housing. Can't be removed, only replaced. And I don't hink you'd want to pry off the clear outer lens due to moisture/ leakage.
Jeff

you could sell your red one and purchase the black out tail lights

if you wanted

3Zoom3 said:
I got a set of red taillights, and am trying to figure out if I like them or not. There is a yellow 5-door with red taillights in the Japanese Axela brochure (theres one on ebay right now) that I think looks good. Lemme know what you think about black with red. I keep waffling on this...
Jeff
I would keep the stock clear taillights. They make the car look so nice. Why would you want to put regular red tail lights? Every other car on the road has read tail lights. I love the clear tail lights that come stock on the 3. I love the stock 17's too. I don't think I would change any of those things on my car. There's other things that need changing such as the stereo system which leaves a lot to be desired. (ricer)

yac2727 said:
I would keep the stock clear taillights. They make the car look so nice. Why would you want to put regular red tail lights? Every other car on the road has read tail lights. I love the clear tail lights that come stock on the 3. I love the stock 17's too. I don't think I would change any of those things on my car. There's other things that need changing such as the stereo system which leaves a lot to be desired. (ricer)
I was considering gettin racing hart 19's but when I put them on my car it changed the ride way too much. The 17's that come stock I'm going to keep, and maybe (MAYBE) later I'll consider lowering the car with some new springs.

I'm keeping the black/ clear lights that came on the car. Red set will be for sale on ebay shortly.
Thanks to all for the input.
Jeff, Ohio

Back