Mazda Intake camshaft

J Goodz

Mazda Intake camshaft

Intake camshaft . Increased lift and also in duration . This intake camshaft adds up to 12 HP to the 2.0L motor .

Part Number PR-12155

- wow that seems like an excellent investment. anyone get it? and what exactly does it doe. For a gain of 12hp that seems awesome. Sorry for my automotive ignorance.

I'm not entirely sure you can call them sentences, but if you could, check out the third. Especially that little part occupied by the terms "up to." Interesting little clause.

But hey, some have found gains. Do a search, and you'll find quite a few that have installed it along with the exhaust cam and had a decent bump in performance, about comparable to a good intake.

Chris

zmzmzm said:
I'm not entirely sure you can call them sentences, but if you could, check out the third. Especially that little part occupied by the terms "up to." Interesting little clause.

But hey, some have found gains. Do a search, and you'll find quite a few that have installed it along with the exhaust cam and had a decent bump in performance, about comparable to a good intake.

Chris

MEANING...that they got about 5 hp with BOTH cams.....not hardly worth it to me at all.....but hey....seeing as how there aren't that many things we can do with our engines to squeeze out a few more ponies.....other than turbo.....its a matter of how bad you want a few extra.

yeah I rather save up for a turbo. But I dont think that'll be till next year. WHat kinda mods can I do that wont be a waste till i get a turbo? Fly wheel, short shifter ect.?

J Goodz

lightened flywheel, new clutch, intake, exhaust, short-throw with new bushings...theres a whole bunch, take your pick.

I have the FS-ZE engine which has the J-spec intake, and exhaust cams. It also houses the higer compression pistons. I have seen modest gains due to some factors:

I need to tune the engine properly.

I think that replacing the Cam Angle Sensor will help out because I think that the damaged one is affecting my ignition timing.

LinuxRacr said:
I have the FS-ZE engine which has the J-spec intake, and exhaust cams. It also houses the higer compression pistons. I have seen modest gains due to some factors:

I think that replacing the Cam Angle Sensor will help out because I think that the damaged one is affecting my ignition timing.
Did you add the Mazdaspeed exhaust cam to your Linux??? If not then you have the same exhaust cam as all of us just a different intake cam.

LinuxRacr said:

If you don't have emissions testing in your state, for the FS-ZE engine to work properly, you should order and install the Japanese Domestic Market ECU. Then you'll have a high-revving ~170HP NA engine.;)

Back