More Updates... Almost Done :)

MSPRO

Contributor
:
05 5MT Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
Ok well I went to check out the car again today and its painted and looks awesome. They have the ES tails on and it looks good. For right now there is no spoiler b.c it is on national backorder so I am just going to leave it off till it gets here, since they didn't drill the holes yet. The emblems are also on back order so I picked up a set of regular protege emblems for the time being so that I can get my car back sooner. I really miss it. I saw so many MSP today b.c I went to the dealershp and then I kept seeing a titanium with cf altezza's on the way home. I miss my car a bunch. Hopefully next week I will have it back.

btw it looks really high b.c the drivers side ,sideskirt is off b.c of when they put it on the lift lol

fa0ac762.jpg

fa0ac70b.jpg

fa0ac613.jpg

fa0ac781.jpg

fa0ac743.jpg

It looks really good in person, there were a couple little bubbles in the clear coat that they still need to get out and do a final buff and all that good stuff. The window along with the interior from the front seats back still needs to go back in and then it will be done. The pics make it look funny b.c of the lighting, but it was painted from the front doors back and i couldn't even tell where they stopped painting it.

Last edited:
Looks good. You need to post some wingless photos when it's done.

I think I would have had them shave the emblems all together (fill the holes)

well see i was going to have them put it back to stock b.c i didn't know if i was gonna keep it or not, so they were gonna put the wing and the emblems on. but since the wing isn't there they are just gonna wait and they already painted the trunk lid and didn't fill the holes, so im not gonna have them do it over again.

That looks familiar!
208736_188.jpg

lol. I had to wait forever for my MSP wing. They sent the wrong one TWICE!
Looks great!

thanks. if the car is ok and i keep it ,i might keep the wing off, not totally sure yet.

actually the paint is better than stock paint is. they do an awesome job and the paint is really thick on there and was done right. i will let you know if it peels ,but i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it :)

I agree.....your body shop looks like they did an excellent job. The splice in your other thread looked awesome and the panel alignment is good.

Also, I will guarantee you that the paint will be just fine. Most aftermarket paint is better than the Mazda factory paint anyway. I had my '91 RX-7 repainted and it was flawless. The Mazda factory paint flakes off like a shell peeling from a hard boiled egg.

Yeah, the pics look good. But it's impossible to tell a good paint job from any picture. You have to get down and really look at it, like put your face up to it within an inch, and have direct sunlight ( VERY IMPORTANT) on the car at the same time. Also, The car is indoors, it always looks better in doors. I've seen a lot of cars painted, and within 2 years, non factory paint usually peels or bubbles. You may very well have a very good body shop, and it may very well last as long as any factory paint, but keep that beauty waxed as often as possible just in case, and keep an close eye out for any bubbles at all because that's how it starts.

Bottom line. I don't buy cars that have been painted for a reason. The only good paint jobs I've seen are on custom cars, show cars and such and we're talking many 1000's of dollars here and a LOT of time.

Unfortunately outside of looking at another car they did two years ago to see how it's holding up......there's not too many ways you can tell if it's going to peel or not outside of looking for small bubbles. As far as lining up the panels go, any competent body shop should be able to do that without troubles.

Good luck

thanks, like said before the body shop is very well known and they do a good job. my insurance company knew of them and my agent is in michigan and the shop is in kentucky. word gets around of reputable places.

i opened up the rear door and i couldn't tell anywhere that the car had been repaired, not even the welds in the trunk, it looked just like the stock welds and panels ,in fact it was a little cleaner looking lol

when they painted the bumper last time it was flawless and matched the paint perfectly which is hard to do with bumpers sometimes.

bottom line i trust them to do a good job, i have been down there at least once a week checking out the car and im very impressed with it. plus if anything is wrong they have a 2 year warrenty on all their work and i honestly think they would go farther than that b.c of who they are, plus the fact that they are good friends with my aunt and uncle lol.

Back