My powder coated rims are on!

KurtMP3

So i think i posted earlier this month I was powder coating my Racing Harts (or is it Hearts) white...I picked them up today and put them on today....They look soooooo hype!!!!!

I pulled into the coffee shop where all my buddies hang out and they all stopped and turned when i pulled in...Not only do i think its sick, they love it! They said they look real hot when the cars rolling too..

I hope to have pics tonight or tomorrow up so you can see, but man do they look good...all i have to do is put springs on to drop the car another inch and its over!!!!

So happy and its like 29 Celcius out here.....woohooo i love summer and i love my car!

pics today i promise...just got home from work (4am) and he didnt email the pics tonight - bastard :> - theyll be up today i promise

See, this is what happens when you tell the board about a new mod but don't have the pics yet to show them, you just get hounded all day and night until you finally put them up :D

OK So here is the pics finally!!! Hopefully the on image I lay down here will work so here it is:

__hr_mp30001.jpg

If you wanna see more or that pic doesnt show up GO HERE

That looks really good Kurt! You know what would look even better,...blue calipers behind the white rims. Just a thought. I plan on getting mine powder coated a gunmetal color. I think the place quoted me at around $80 to $90. Is that a good price? What did you pay?

That looks SO damn nice! Is it possible to get it powercoated in yellow?? I think that'd look pretty damn good too. Naturally we all want to know the price too.

Actually, when I lived in Auburn, there was a guy there with a yellow P5 and he had MP3 rims powdercoated in yellow. It looked pretty good. He told me he paid like $100 to get it done. He didn't know anything about this site when I asked him, he acted like he didn't care either.

Well I figure that my rims will eventually get chewed up over time anyhow. When they are chewed up enuff, I would just powdercoat them in yellow to make for a nice contrast on the blue of my mp3...save me money on buying all new rims too.

Man you 2 are quick with the posts i leave for 5 minutes...ha ha

I paid $100 a rim for mine...2 of the had to be touched up after being curbed though (i have an excuse for one...running from the cops at the races)....not a bad price after how happy i am with them

And Ben ya i want to paint the calipers yellow now

anyways enjoy guys im off to write my last paper of University..ill catch u on the flipside

Did they powder coat the whole wheel meaning the inside were the brakes are or just the outside part. If the only did the outside it my start to pell or chip. What was the name of the company were you got it done?

they look good, i like them. i think white rims would look good on a yellow p5.. if i had gotten a yellow one, i would definately look for some white ones.

Thanks for the kind words guys...Nice to know that they even impress fellow MP3ers and P5ers...thanks again

To answer some of the questions, the entire rims were painted, inside outside and upside down...they only didnt paint the center cap b/c i didnt want them too...of couse, i wanted the racing heart logo still there....they did everything you do to powder coat it...it was $100 canadian a rim and i got it done at a place north of toronto (in aurora) called Carcone's they do rim refinishing and powder coating, some of the best in southern ontario from what ive heard..and as you can imagine im very happy with their work...if you have more questions just ask....thanks again for the kind words

Back