JAC

:
Allegro Hatchback
The install is complete!

Heres my new sound system:
-HU: Alpine CDA-9815
-Front speakers: JL XR525-cs
-Sub: JL 12" w0
-Amps: -PG Tantrum 300.2 for the fronts.
-Distinct Audio (I know, wtf? lol) for the sub, 4 chanel amp and it puts out about 200w bridged for the sub. Ill change it when I get some $ along with a better sub.
-Wiring: All PG.
-Installer: Me :D .

It took me about three days, I didnt rush it and took my time to make sure that everything was done correctly. It sounds great even though I have yet to customize the settings for the HU.

Here are some pics: link

Under the front seats, Ill post more pics soon when I rebuild my sounddomain page.

Sorry, not a member so I can't see them.
I'm sure you did fine (thumb)

Good luck on the time correction, always fun to play with.

Thanks guys, here are some of the pics:
fbdb48d6.jpg

fbdb48e0.jpg

fbdb48d4.jpg.

Do you guys think this box is too big for a 12"w0?:
fbdb48d2.jpg

Craig, I need some help with the crossover settings. For the front speakers I was going to high pass them at 80hz but Im clueless about the db and db/Oct thing.
Oh, and my PG amp also has a crossover but it ranges from 40hz to 800hz :eek: , where do I set it? (front speakers).

Use either the amps crossover or the decks.
A higher db/octive number will mean you can set the crossover lower but the system will not blend between the Sub and fronst speakers aswell. Theres alot ot play with in the system.
I'd eventualy use the amps crossovers. So set the alpine headunit to the same db/octive as the amps crossover and use the alpine to easily play around and find what sounds best. Then set that number to the amps crossovers and turn off the alpines crossover. Same for the sub.

The box looks pretty damn close to 1.25 cubic feet to me. I guess about 1.1 with the subs displacement.

Cool, right now I have the amp crossover turned off. Isnt 800hz like very high? what would that frequencie be used for? (just curious).

Oh, I forgot to thank Craig (aka 1st MP3 in NH) for all of his help, without his advice I dont think I couldve pulled it off, thanks a lot man (bowdown) .

Glad to help and I am sure you would have gotten there on your own.

800hz is high but gives you some good flexibility. Think about if you had 4 or 3 inch componets and a seperate midbass then a 800 hz high pass or lowpass crossove may be very handy.

What are you running for speakers anyway?

im getting 2 ten inch w7's soon 1st ill be up when i have the monmey see if u can hook me up. or go to my normal guys at midway

I can help some but not a s*** load as we don't typicaly carry alot of W7's
I can definitly do my best though.

What is the crossover slope (db/octive) on the amps crossovers?

The PG is 18db per octave, the other amp I have no idea, I dont have the manual or anything, I tried looking it up online but I found nothing.

I would set the highs at 100 hz highpass and the subs at 75 hz low pass assuming a 12db/octive crossover to start, see how that sounds. The only trouble may be the fronts getting to much bass though. Test and enjoy.

Woah. Looks great. I love where you put your tweeders. lol. I can't wait til its dry enough for me to finish cutting my boxes so I can get something done with mine!

Oh and for the subs crossover, maybe it would be better to use the headunit.

Yeah, at least until I get a decent amp. Im not 100% sure but it seems to me that its a copy of a crossfire vr404.

Back