My MP3 has a identity problem

MP3N.Y.C

Every time I a out in my MP3 it is always mistaken for everything else..So far It ha gotten called a subaru WRX,an audi???for what reason I dunno?? And last a lexus IS300..Not many people know about the MP3, and when I tell them they are shocked that its a mazda.Anyone elses MP3 have this problem?? Pete

'01 Laser blue mica MP3
#478 of 1500 :D

the first day i brought it home my friends all thought it was a is 300. I don't take offense though. With the side markers and the tight rims i feel like I am driving a very prestigous car.

When I first got mine I was at the car wash and a friend came up and told me to pop the hood. He said, "Where's the turbo?" He thought it was a Subaru.

Some people. You would think the mazda badge would tell them something. "Hey man, your subaru has mazda badges. What's up with that?" I don't talk to those people.

I often got called the WRX. But ppl even more shocked when I tell them everything on my car is stock. :D

Oh yeah, the MP3 stock shock is cool. I remember when I first got it and I was at Best Buy with my mom, one of the employees ran out and asked us if the rims were stock. And of course, you show people the sub, the head unit.. ...good stuff.

"MP3 STOCK SHOCK"...i like that. But yeah ine has been called a wrx more than once but mostly an IS300. Which i like, mazda is more than an rx7

most people around here don't believe it's mazda...then again, i don't believe there's one with the good radio still for sale at my dealer...oh how i wanted to jack the caliper bolt while i was up there! :p

A friend of a friend saw it the other day and was like, whoa is that a suburu???? NO IT'S A MAZDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9636.jpg
    IMG_9636.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_9648.jpg
    IMG_9648.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_9642.jpg
    IMG_9642.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 168
I get WRX drivers staring at my car all the time as they drive by.Its also been mistaken for an IS300and even a BMW twice!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
I know a guy (he sells used cars) who is TOTALLY anti Mazda. ALL I heard from him was "buy a Nissan, buy a Nissan" when I was shopping for a car. When he finally saw my car he couldnt believe it was a Mazda. He liked it alot. ;)

true true all of these cases i have dealt with and i just dont know why we have people that ditch our car and say we are mimiking the wrx. all i have to say is that i got a good deal and have plenty of money left versus the price difference in the two carz ;)

A friend of mine that lives on my street, saw me a month afer I got my MP3 and he says " how the wrx treating you" (uhm) ummm its a Mazda(rlaugh).

Down in VA i always get the little hondas that swear it is a WRX even with the mazda emblem across the back window. (hince the reason for it)

Back