The install begins tomorow.

Tomorow Ill put all of this:
fbe63d2e.jpg

Into this:
fbe63d2b.jpg

Wish me luck :D .

Ay, the night before the storm.
I'l try to stack my crap in a pic.

Ive been waiting for this for like 6 months, its about damn time! Im getting up at 6am to start the install (Im giddy as a schoolgirl :D )

Craig, did you finally went with the 9815?

I did get it, heres the list of all the equipment I am putting in:

Alpine 9815
JL XR525csi
JLXR525cw
JLXR650cw
JL 300/2
JL 300/2
JL 1000/1
JL 12W6v2
JL 12W6v2
Audio Control EQS

2 caps and a partridge in a pear tree :D

The Alpine is awiating install first I need my guages mounts to be sorted out and my Monster cable RCas to show up.

:eek: (omg) :eek: holy s*** man, that looks sweet. where are you putting all those component woofers? are you using external crossovers or just the 9815?

I am usning the 650cws in the fronts until I can aford dynaudio 8" drivers or get the ambition to remake the doors for another 6.5"
The rear speakers are only going to be the JL525cws highpassed and naturaly rolling off highpass.

Im thinking about just getting cw for the rears also, much cheaper and Id get plenty of midbass wich is always nice.
What does highpassing mean?

oh boy!
Hi passing is refering to the crossover setting. it block all of the range of sound except higher then a give frequency, hence highpas or aloowing the higher frequencies to pass.
I will hipass the rears at 200 hz and up and allow themto role of natualy in the really high upper ranges. I am using them as fill so they will only be off the radio and not getting any real power.

Lol, I knew what that was but for some reason I forgot how it was called in english :eek: .

I dont know much about the actual frequencies(sp) though, is there any web site that has that info? Im going to need it in order to really take advantage of my HU.

Best bet is just to play around with them, you will be able to hear what the speakers can handle.

Oh man, Im tired. Ive been at it since 10am, so far Ive run all the power wire, installed the HU and mounted the wooden boards for the amps.

Ripping the interior appart is a b****, specially the carpet and I didnt remove it all, just the sides so that I could run the wires and put the wooden boards. I still have to run the speaker wires (only the front doors,thank god), soundeaden the front doors, run the sub wire and install the front speakers and tweeters. I dont think itll be done until tomorow.

ok, break time is over, back to work :D .

I called it quits for today, I ran all the wires but since I havent installed the speakers I cant test anything, first thing tomorow morning Ill remove the door panels, do all the soundeadening and then Ill be able to install the speakers. I'm still not sure about how Im going to wire them though :( .
Im also pretty tired so I didnt want to keep going and halfass through things.

You know what they say: no pain, no gain.
fbe4c75d.jpg

Damn you dashboard (rant) !!!!!!

Im still not done yet, today I conected and bolted down the amps, conected the HU, the sub and put together the dash. It took much longer than I spected, I had to make like 3 trips to the hardware store and had few minor but time consuming problems. I conected the power and the HU seems to be working fine.

Tomorow Ill soundeaden the doors and install the components. (I thought that would be done by today :( ) . I didnt put the interior back together yet because I need to have the speakers installed to make sure its noise free.

PS. dont ever put the HU upside down :eek: , that ******* metal cage is a b**** to get out after you put it in.

An alpine cage is symetrical, just pull the radio out of the cage and flip it over.

I fought with it for a couple of minutes until I finally got it out. I tried to do the flip thing but it didnt go in :confused: , maybe I didnt try hard enough, anyways, I fixed it the hard way :D .

Back