BIG TURBO!! update

OrangeMSP

here are some more pics on the progress on my MSP! the turbo is a T3/T04E and its crammed in there with some mods enjoy....

Attachments

• turbo 1.jpg
    turbo 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 748
Looks familiar, very cool though. It will be nice to see how the kit goes with the speed ECU. Keep up on posting your progress.

mmm mmm good

Thats one big mutha fuga!
Oooo ahhhh envy setting in...Yash wants YASH WANTS!
Ok cant do it but YASH WANTS!!!
I'll have to run an 11lb pea shooter but I still
Luvs Me Maz-da Speedy...

um r you gonna be able to spool that dude?? my friend runs that turbo on his wrx and hits boost at like 5500 rpm. Plus have you built your motor? I would look into calling crower and getting some custom cams. Other than taht looks badass dude!!!

EDIT: s*** my bad dude t04 not t4 sorry!!!

Last edited:
Interesting. I just talked with my mechanic who's putting a T3/T04 into a rear drive 240SX. Took the SR20DET out of a JDM Silvia front clip. He says the 2.0L engine is good for 450hp with this turbo setup and Wiseco pistons. The stock con rods are good for 500hp, but that's Nissan for you. He's using a 300zx transmission and the beefed up LSD/Diff from the JDM Silvia.

So, if you pull 350+ hp out of this, what are you going to do for the transmission? I'm not aware of any front drive trannies that can carry that sort of hp from Mazda. Now if it were rear drive, you could probably take an RX-7 tranny and rear diff.

Anyway, looks great. Have fun tuning that puppy.

Looks good man! You'll be the 4th or 5th Protege to be running a T3/T04 and quite possibly the first MSP to do so! Welcome to the club!!!

Dave

Along side with the tranny question, what kind of numbers should you see with an upgrade like that?? If it's 170 stock, what will it be running when, um, it's running again??

Nice!!! Im thinking of doing the same upgrade. I just got my FMIC done and I sent the pipes off to get ionised. If you tell me you dont have any problems ill get that turbo otherwise ill stick to my plan and get a T3. GOOD LUCK

unwrittenLaw said:
How much boost are you gonna be runnin with that thing?
waste gate will be set at 4psi and will be running about 7 till my internals come in then who knows! as for the tranny it will not be beat on so shouldnt have any problems and as far as numbers go ill find out late next week when it gets tuned and dynoed-Brian

Back