What do you dislike about your P5?

Katzkins?

Where do I find this (Katzkins) online? I have an idea of making my own covers (yellow) for these panel inserts. I'd actually like to locate the door inserts so I can upholster a puffy, stronger cover for them. I'd like to do the padded insert over the glove box, as well.

Jack

Sir Nuke said:
the out fits like katzkins that sell the leather seat kits for the P-5's also have the door panel stuff too....to replace the IMATATION suade stuff on our doors with REAL leather.....I bet that they sell them seperately.....that would be ONE solution.

:D

obviously I spelt it wrong....BUT....I will have to find it again....and as soon as I do...I will post their site address. :{D

well the company is called Katskinz and I have done a search for it...but for some reason I can't find the link.....grrrrrr:mad:

Last edited:
:( Has anyone noticed that you can't turn on the fog lights without having the headlights on that really sucks

Hey lucky,
That is normal with most factory installed fog lights. You may/may not have noticed that they also go out when you turn the high beams on. I am not sure is this is some kind of federal regulation or not. It can be bypassed, it is just a matter of finding the right wire that gives the lights power and getting power from another source other than the headlights.

Peace
Griff

Fog lamps?

My dodge dakota has fog lamps that can be switched on as long as the running lights are on. I thought that having normal lights on while driving in the fog just made it worse?

Slooper
Yes it does, the white light reflects off of the fog making it even harder to see. I have always considered amber lights to be fog lights and white lights to be drivng lights. As far as looks go, I know a lot of people would like to be able to turn the driving lights on with the parking lights, especially the big round lights that are on the P5 :)

bad mazda dealers is my number 1 thing I dont like about my P5 the other would be its lack of HP this car needs 200 at least to live up to its looks.

DUMB DEALERS

yeah.
****** dealers piss me off.
****** liars and dumbasses
charge u extra wif out tellin u until ur ready to pay..
****** bitches

The difference between fog and driving lights is the beam pattern, not the colour of the light, so the lights on the P5 are definitely fog lights with their very low cutoff. It's probably possible to convert them into driving lights by aiming the lights and adjusting or removing the metal shield covering the bulbs that keeps the light shining low.

FOGS IN AZ

YEAH I WANT TO TURN THEM INTO DRIVING LIGHTS CAUSE I LIVE IN ARIZON AND THERES HARDLEY ANY FOG OUT HERE..............

I'm gonna play with my fog lights and see if I can take the small metal guard that covers the top of the fog light bulb off, so it will shin it all directions, and make the lights look brighter. Kinda gay being able to see most of an unlit reflector of a light - looks like the fogs are dying or something (look cheap)

I think my only real dislike is that HVAC system. *I* want to choose when the AC Compressor is on or off. *I* know when I need the extra dehumidifying action of the compressor. I like to have fresh air running on low up the DEFROST setting all the time, but I hate having that compressor going as well... eating MPG and HP.

Still, I can live with it. It must not be effecting MPG that much since I get between 28 and 32 consistantly in mixed driving. The car has met or exceeded my every expectation and, other then an intermitant rattle/buzz from the pass.-side door, it has been absolutely perfect over the 12k miles I've had it.

hey sporin,

I disabled that feature on mine but it was a pain in the a$$.

you basically have to take apart the switch controlls and remove 2 micro switches that turn on the a/c.

If Kinkos scans pictures I can get pics of my ride I suppose - but the nearest digi cam is with my parents who live in Pt. Arthur hours away from me.... so no pics right now,

Bumble G said:
hey sporin,

I disabled that feature on mine but it was a pain in the a$$.

you basically have to take apart the switch controlls and remove 2 micro switches that turn on the a/c.

Yeah, I saw detailed inscructions of that procedure at teh Protegeclub. But it's way over my head and far more trouble then I am up for. :)

I also like putting air on the windshield most of the time. In my previous car (VW) I had the dial around at the defrost/feet setting just about always. Hardly ever needed to hit the A/C for defogging. It's annoying that in the P5 I'm restricted to only two airflow settings if I want to avoid having the A/C on, which I do.

Two cars ago I had a Honda that also put the A/C on by itself, but only on the two defrost airflow settings, plus you could still override it by hitting the button to turn the A/C off. I could live with the P5 turning the A/C on automatically if it would let you turn it off. That would have made sense as a compromise rather than the autocratic design we're stuck with.

bmorton said:
I also like putting air on the windshield most of the time. In my previous car (VW) I had the dial around at the defrost/feet setting just about always. Hardly ever needed to hit the A/C for defogging. It's annoying that in the P5 I'm restricted to only two airflow settings if I want to avoid having the A/C on, which I do.

Two cars ago I had a Honda that also put the A/C on by itself, but only on the two defrost airflow settings, plus you could still override it by hitting the button to turn the A/C off. I could live with the P5 turning the A/C on automatically if it would let you turn it off. That would have made sense as a compromise rather than the autocratic design we're stuck with.

That is EXACLTY what I am thinking. My last car was a '99 Passat and I used the airflow just like you did. Only turning the AC on when it was really humid. Before that I had a '96 Civic and I didn't mind it automatically turning on the AC because I could click it off if I didn't need it, no big deal.

It's this automatc, no override stuff that peaves me.

Back