Rattles in dash

Hi,

Is it worth it for me to take the P5 back to the dealer for dashboard rattles? Can dealerships even fix this?

If your car is still under warranty...why not?
If not, i'd check it myself if i were you...lose screw,lose cables or something that jumped from the glove box...don't laugh,it happened to me once (has you know, we have some pretty rough roads around here). Have a friend pinpoint the location of the rattle while your driving, this can help a lot.

Oh man I thought I was the only one. I have this problem too. I don't know what it is because I can't reach it, but it's on the driver's side and is noticable at idle. The only thing I canthink of is my Anti-theft system.

gizmozP5,

I actually live in Hull and I have to drive up and down Monclair everyday..you know how bumpy that is..its been ripped up for over a year now?

Its a 2003 so its under warranty....I'll look into it during my first oil change.

If its a metal on metal sound its not the wnti theft system, my car just deveoled this problem but the MSP I test drove had it aswell.

i had tat to ........ but then i took all the change out of my ash try one day and it went away .....j/k.... hope they can find out what it is .......

I have it too and i figured mine out. The cover where the air conditioner controls are is what does the rattling in my car. Just under the controls press it and ull notice its gone, if its the same annoying rattling as mine.

Someone actually discussed this a while back. If you pay attention to the plastic cover for the Speedometer, you'll notice that it's pretty cheap. Push it a little and it bends quite a bit. I had rattles like you guys mentioned, pushed that plastic piece and the sound disappears. At least temporarily. It usually happens in the morning after a cold night.

my rattle seems to be near the front window....like a loose fitting hitting the plastic....I dont feel like having my dashboard ripped apart.

I notice the silver plastic around the air conditioning controls is pretty flimsy when you push it, but thats not where my rattles are coming from.

The worse offender I found in the dash is actualy th clips that hold the center peice on. If you simply hot glue the clips in place then slap the center peice back on 1/2 of the rattles disappear instantly.

that is right p5 projector .... i have that also ..... but know when i push that in ... i still have a smell rattle..... i have not found the second one yet ....as soon as i do i will let you all know

Back