Question on DRL's

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
After starting the car do you have to reach some set speed before they come on? I noticed when the car is started they don't come on, if you put it in Drive they don't come on, but when my wife backed out of the garage and started down the driveway they came on.
I know my 16 comes on as soon as you put it in Drive and goes off when you put it in Park.

After starting the car do you have to reach some set speed before they come on? I noticed when the car is started they don't come on, if you put it in Drive they don't come on, but when my wife backed out of the garage and started down the driveway they came on.
I know my 16 comes on as soon as you put it in Drive and goes off when you put it in Park.

The manual says the DRL's "turn on automatically when the vehicle starts moving" and "turn off when you put it in P or set the parking brake". I don't think a specified speed the car has to reach before it turns on is given.

Mine seems to vary. Sometimes it's when I put it in D, sometimes after I've moved just a bit.

The manual says the DRL's "turn on automatically when the vehicle starts moving" and "turn off when you put it in P or set the parking brake". I don't think a specified speed the car has to reach before it turns on is given.

Thanks, just thought it was a little strange that they didn't come on as soon as car was put in gear. I do like that they go off when you put the car in park.

and one can turn them totally off if needed since the drl on the cx5 is actually the headlights turned on just at lower intensity.

and one can turn them totally off if needed since the drl on the cx5 is actually the headlights turned on just at lower intensity.

In the US, at least, since they aren*t required. May be different in Canada, where I think they are required.

Back