Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone installed the side storage nets?

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Touring w/ Premium

Has anyone installed the side storage nets?

Didnít realize the install involves removing a lot of panels and drilling into some of them. Just looking for someone who as done it to see how it was.

I like the idea of having the nets for the cubbies.

Registered Member

The OEM side storage nets are nice, and very easy to install. The side panels just pop off and the holes are for the net hooks. This allows everything to be completely recessed in the side storage areas.

Registered Member

2019 CX9 GT AWD

$29 at mazdaswag right now. Bought a set, although installation does not look that simple.

Registered Member

2019 CX9 GT AWD

BTW I bought that cargo net off Amazon a while ago and it fits very well into 2nd gen CX9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by mazdacat View Post
    BTW I bought that cargo net off Amazon a while ago and it fits very well into 2nd gen CX9

Do you have it installed vertically, as shown in the product photo? My 2018 doesn't have the upper hooks that are required to install the cargo net vertically.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 CX9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Do you have it installed vertically, as shown in the product photo? My 2018 doesn't have the upper hooks that are required to install the cargo net vertically.
    Yes, vertically. 2019 has the upper hooks.

Contributor

Yes, vertically. 2019 has the upper hooks.
    Interesting. I don't think my 2018 Sig has those hooks, but there are reviews for the product that state that the net fits on the 2017 and 2018 models (but not the 2016). I wonder if the upper hooks are not included on the Canadian models.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2018 CX-9 GT

My 2018 GT does have those upper hooks and I have the larger vertical cargo net BUT the net will not attached to those hooks by default: The net end is also a hook. I've used a really strong rubber bands (or a women's pony tail holder will work) as an attachment point between the net hooks and the upper hooks. Works perfectly.

Contributor

I think I figured out why I don't have the hooks, and I feel kind of stupid about it, lol. When I bought my CX-9, I worked a bunch of dealer-installed accessories into the deal. One of these accessories was the cargo cover. Those upper hooks have to be uninstalled and replaced with the "catches" for the cargo cover. Essentially, you can use the cargo cover, or you can use a vertical cargo net, but you can't use both at the same time. Mystery solved, lol.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature, Machine Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I think I figured out why I don't have the hooks, and I feel kind of stupid about it, lol. When I bought my CX-9, I worked a bunch of dealer-installed accessories into the deal. One of these accessories was the cargo cover. Those upper hooks have to be uninstalled and replaced with the "catches" for the cargo cover. Essentially, you can use the cargo cover, or you can use a vertical cargo net, but you can't use both at the same time. Mystery solved, lol.
    It is quite interesting that you cannot use a cargo cover simultaneously with a vertical cargo net. I would have imagined that they would have engineered a hook with the cargo net catches to make everything functional.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Touring w/ Premium

Question on this net, what does this help secure or help stop from moving around. I understand what the regular cargo net does by covering things laying flat but this one I*m not sure what it*s use would be for.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Question on this net, what does this help secure or help stop from moving around. I understand what the regular cargo net does by covering things laying flat but this one I*m not sure what it*s use would be for.
    It keeps stuff from rolling out of the trunk when you open the liftgate. Stuff like baseballs or basketballs, or if a few 2L bottles fell over during the drive home from the grocery store.

Registered Member

2019 CX9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I put smaller groceries there or other stuff to prevent from moving in the trunk. Extra water bottles, etc.

2018 CX-9 GT

Here's how I used a couple of pony tail holders to attach the net to the hooks. Seems to work just fine. I think my net, which came with the car, is supposed to be a horizontal floor net, and not really work vertically, but this fix makes it work just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast