Some nice Glamour shots of the '19 in this article

I thought it was since the CRV used fake wood to look like real wood? Or maybe it was real wood. Regardless it looked tacky.

In the Mazda's case its real Sen Wood.............but reviewers thought it felt/looked like plastic LOL.

I thought it was since the CRV used fake wood to look like real wood? Or maybe it was real wood. Regardless it looked tacky.

In the Mazda's case its real Sen Wood.............but reviewers thought it felt/looked like plastic LOL.

It*s tacky no matter what it*s made of; Mazdawood, though, so it*ll get a pass here, as always...

Oh, snap, Mazda figured out how to make Fake Wood Trim...out of CHROME! They living in 2029 while Honda still 2019!
It feels like you're trying to score points here on behalf of Honda... on interior trim?

The 17 trim is not real wood I'm pretty sure, but I don't think they were trying to pass it off as such.
I feel like they were going for "here's our
take on wood trim -- it's got the grain appearance of wood to give you that upscale vibe but it's not some maple/oak/birch junky looking stuff that alot of people seem to not really love".

Regardless, it definitely doesn't look like chrome.

Well yeah fake wood was fun to make fun of, but really real or fake it's a tacky ass look.

It feels like you're trying to score points here on behalf of Honda... on interior trim?

The 17 trim is not real wood I'm pretty sure, but I don't think they were trying to pass it off as such.
I feel like they were going for "here's our
take on wood trim -- it's got the grain appearance of wood to give you that upscale vibe but it's not some maple/oak/birch junky looking stuff that alot of people seem to not really love".

Regardless, it definitely doesn't look like chrome.

No that's not what he's doing at all. He, like me, is making fun of how this forum made fun of wood trim and how tacky it is a year ago when Mango and his 2017 CR-V were hanging around.

Now, Mazda does a wood trim, still looks tacky, and it gets a pass.

It's funny.

No that's not what he's doing at all. He, like me, is making fun of how this forum made fun of wood trim and how tacky it is a year ago when Mango and his 2017 CR-V were hanging around.

Now, Mazda does a wood trim, still looks tacky, and it gets a pass.

It's funny.

Quite comical to say the least...

Our 2014 CRV has a teeny tiny blue light up in the overhead console. Probably something similar to that. But I think it*s only on when your lights are on.

BMW has something similar too for ambient lighting...want to definitely this in person.

Mazda's wood trim is ~10x better than Honda's tacky ass fake s*** that resembles a fkn scratch n sniff- much prefer aluminum but at least I'm not saddled with some b**** ass CVT so there's that...uh oh.

Last edited:
Mazda's wood trim is ~10x better than Honda's tacky ass fake s*** that resembles a fkn scratch n sniff- much prefer aluminum but at least I'm not saddled with some b**** ass CVT so there's that...uh oh.

Whatever. You're buying the RAV4, anyways probably.

I just cant wait for the cx5 to get a cvt so you mazda forumites will love cvts.

-its about driving...not sound reduction---->mazda makes it half a second slower to 60 and now its about comfort.

-its about a more raw and connected experience---->mazda introduces s turbo and tunes for 1200-4500rpm and now "i hate hearing an engine at redline and only get groceries.

-CRV gets chrome and wood trim and thats so 1980s---->mazda gets chrome and wood trim and its soool 2019!

-mazda doesnt care about sales numbers, they are an enthusiast company and small---->the forum starts tracking sales numbers because thats the most important thing to mazda.

-VW is so dirty for screwing the diesel market---->mazdas overseas diesels have constant issues and they have promised in vain to get diesel here but keep misleading US customers.

-we hate the cvt because our heavy, luxurious, not meant to exceed 4500rpm wood and chrome trim cars are about raw performance...

...popcorn...

BMW has something similar too for ambient lighting...want to definitely this in person.

My X1 has a nice strip of LED lighting along the door and across the dash, as well as a little lighting near the cup holders. Audis are similar. I hope the Signature has this. If its just a couple spot lights, thatll be a disapppointment.

Not from me you don't..
If Mazda goes straight CVT I will not repurchase- simple as that- but they won't at least not anytime soon.
VW are cheating ****** who screwed over the entire segment as whole- if they weren't my CX-5d would be sitting outside for years now- probably with close to 100k on it. How's that the same as playing by the rules and having issues? A recall? OK. Am I happy w/them- no but I believe they wanted it and it just didn't happen for whatever reason..they do have far less resources than most.

I don't love where they've taken the CX-5 but its still better than most to drive- just needs more balls now which the turbo should do an at least adequate job of providing..at a price both upfront and at the pump.
Thrill ride or not CVTs just suck ass- not worth the efficiency gains.

I had an '03 BMW with a really subtle orange light that was cast from the overhead console to illuminate the gear shift/climate control/radio area. It was a nice touch and I wish my '17 had something like that. Hopefully Mazda does it well in the new one.

Back