Mazda Appoints New CEO, Prioritises USA - Wonder If Any Immediate Impact On CX-5

That's kinda what people clamoring for the 2.5T wanted......

People/reviewers wanted more power to accomodate the good chassis and that's what Mazda finally gave them.

If they wanted a sports car then Mazda would have needed to make wholesale changes and in it's current model life, doesn't make financial sense.

People/reviewers wanted more power to accomodate the good chassis and that's what Mazda finally gave them.

If they wanted a sports car then Mazda would have needed to make wholesale changes and in it's current model life, doesn't make financial sense.
Except that it sounds like they did not get that as people have been complaining about top end power, not the get off from a stop power.

Not saying people were wanting a 6 sports car with this, but it sounds like they did not get what they wanted with the 2.5T which apparently is only useful at the low end reading that review.

After reading that review it makes me just go what was the point?

Except that it sounds like they did not get that as people have been complaining about top end power, not the get off from a stop power.

Not saying people were wanting a 6 sports car with this, but it sounds like they did not get what they wanted with the 2.5T which apparently is only useful at the low end reading that review.

After reading that review it makes me just go what was the point?

Keep things ticking over until all new model arrives.

They have spent as little as possible for it's 2nd update of the current model. Probably just enough considering sales aren't that high

I'll preface by saying I've never driven a turbo so maybe I am misunderstanding that review that got posted.

But usually the power complaints I've seen from folks are highway above 75 mph.

I'll preface by saying I've never driven a turbo so maybe I am misunderstanding that review that got posted.

But usually the power complaints I've seen from folks are highway above 75 mph.

Considering max speed limit here is 68mph, high end power would be good to have but not essential, at least here. Even in Japan, their max speed limit is 62mph.

Last edited:
Having had several turbos, a turbo engine is all about the middle band, passing power if you will. A Saab 9-5 Aero had better acceleration then a Porsche 911 from 40mph-70mph according to I believe it was Top Gear. Turbo Saabs excelled and giving you power when you needed it and not 0-60. That's why I had 5 of them over the years. That kind of power was more important to me then 0-60. Sounds like the 6 is my kind of car. [emoji106]
Ok now that I've read the review (my comment was based on your comments) maybe not the car for me. LOL

Last edited:
No burnouts (wink)

Au contraire mon capitaine! (drive2)

H0rgsUb.gif

Go read the Jalopnik review of 6 Turbo 2.5T - this is what I thought MZD would move towards. My original comment was aimed at this happening.
Issue with US enthusiast market is you give them power then they will ask AWD / Wagon / Brown / Manual in all trims - no manual with AA / Carplay - I swear bro I would have bought it like last week.
Then will go out and get a 3 year old Civic.
Folks who do not fall in that category - will probably buy an expensive car than Mazda.

MZD is going for more mature deep pocket buyers. The 6 is comfy, stylish and luxurious - but kind of breaks away from its basics as the best driving car in the segment. Its now tied or slightly behind Accord.
I still think an 18 6 would be a perfect car for me in 2 years but the issue is Cyl deactivation. If we have not heard of gremlins I might consider a CPO.

Back