Insurance Ripoffs

i didn't need or want the tax break at the expense of another trillion plus in debt. yeah, my 401k is way up... so i re-balanced right before the big dip a few weeks back to keep my profits.

but trump is an awful human being. no ifs ands or buts about it.

All of the candidates were, and the national debt will never be better. Noone has the balls to fix it because of all the eggs they would break. I'd rather put some money in my pocket while the ship sinks than NOT put some money in my pocket while the ship sinks. It's a bad attitude, I know, but it's one that has paid my bills this go at least.

We are veering in to politics. Sure fire way to get this thread locked.

Agree Banjo...

OK, that comment makes no sense. Let's not get snarky.
Just exactly how would I tell them to take it back? And they certainly could take it back. I barely noticed it.

We are going to wind up paying for this, us middle classians, just you watch. Enjoy your little pittance while you can, while the rich get richer and piss all over us...err.. I mean trickle down.
hehehe
;)

This thread is about insurance costs, right? The amount of money I'm saving completely covers my home owners, automotive, and personal property insurance, and live insurance. Considering you posted in this thread, I presume the cost of insurance is something you actually notice, so...???

Basically you're telling me "you shouldn't be happy about saving thousands of dollars per year" as though if I were NOT, the world would be right and a better place? I disagree strongly. Corruption and national debt is going to be, whether I am getting mine, or not. So...why not get my insurance paid for (with my own money, of course, I'm just having less taken away is all, it's not like I'm GETTING money...)

This thread is about insurance costs, right? The amount of money I'm saving completely covers my home owners, automotive, and personal property insurance, and live insurance. Considering you posted in this thread, I presume the cost of insurance is something you actually notice, so...???

Basically you're telling me "you shouldn't be happy about saving thousands of dollars per year" as though if I were NOT, the world would be right and a better place? I disagree strongly. Corruption and national debt is going to be, whether I am getting mine, or not. So...why not get my insurance paid for (with my own money, of course, I'm just having less taken away is all, it's not like I'm GETTING money...)

Yep, taxes are our money to begin with anyway. All this is is that I get to keep more of my hard earned money. I'm ok with that. I don't understand the stink about that except that it is tied to Trump. (rofl)

Look, as I said, I don't like the man myself, but this "pittance" was mine to begin with, so not sure why the stink. I get to keep it now? Cool.

Last edited:

You are making a helluva lot more money then me. Much more then I would have guessed if this tax break is providing that much more money for you. This tax cut probably covers my car insurance if I put it in those terms.

You are making a helluva lot more money then me. Much more then I would have guessed if this tax break is providing that much more money for you. This tax cut probably covers my car insurance if I put it in those terms.

Maybe I've miscalculated, then.

Home insurance: $700/year
All my other insurances (except health): $2400 year.

Yep, I miscalculated, and used 6mo premium as though it were the 12mo.

So it covers my home owners insurance at least twice over. Still kinda meaningful to me...maybe that's peanuts to you, but another way to look at it is it would pay for 3-4 sets of tires per year. Or food for several months (I cook most things I eat). Or...??? Man, it's not chump change to me. If $1500-2K is chump change to you, then you've got it wrong, you're far better off than I!

Yeah mr cpl gs is a pittance whatever.. uno..wheels and winter tires;). Mine are om their 5th season..so you'll have plenty left over savings in future years..

Last edited:
Tires uno..wheels and winter tires;). Mine are om their 5th season..so you'll have plenty left over in future years..

My issue is that buying this house, I took on some debt to put things in it (washer, drier, etc. etc. etc. and more etc.) so I'd rather pay that off. I'll likely just do a great set of all-seasons and get chains. No tire works on glare ice, anyways.

Ok, back on track, $196 per month. My 16 CX-5 GT and my wife’s 13 Frontier 4 x 4. Both of us are in our 60s. One at fault accident. (Wife backed into a police car)

Ok, back on track, $196 per month. My 16 CX-5 GT and my wife’s 13 Frontier 4 x 4. Both of us are in our 60s. One at fault accident. (Wife backed into a police car)

Was the officer in the car at the time?

True..blizzaks would help but glare ice is impossible wo studded tires.

Exactly. My LX20's did great on literally anything, but glare ice...nothing doing. I need chains, but snow tires don't hold much value for me after owning LX20's honestly.

Ouch on hitting a cop. LOL
Is this "glare ice" different then regular ice?

Back