Torn between 2016 - 2017 - 2018 CX-5

So if I'm getting this right.. your '16 +$3500+tax(on the difference) and tags so saying like ~4000 total bottom line figure you have a brand new '17 AWD GT w/premium?
If yes the only question I have is why have you not already done so..btw this seems too good to be true.

My 2016 + $3750 which includes doc fees / registration / VIN etching but not tax which is 7% (in NJ) [Apologies - I double checked with them and you're correct everything but tax and initially they said registration but I got them to take in registration] provided I use Mazda Finance at 0.9% APR [already checked and yes - based on my credit score I'll get that rate].

My current 2016 for which I started paying finance EMI from January 2017 is paid off as of Feb. 2018.

Yes - this is a very good deal since I get some sort of 2017 discount (as I am not buying 2018) + loyalty and some special dealer incentive from re-buying from same place : $400.

BUT - as many stated - dealer also confirmed there might be revision to style / packaging on 2018 mid-year. Initially, my intention was to buy it so that son when he turns 17 can use it, he's currently 10. I never wanted to trade it but this deal looks really good. After driving the loaner 2017 - 1 think even my wife agrees (she cares nada for handling/responsiveness/etc.) that (1) at least 3 times more quiet (2) less roll/pitch/bump/thump.

Sounds like the dealer is offering a great deal on the 17. Assuming that includes the "need"ed HUD, a similarly equipped 18 would cost at least a couple thousand more for the benefit of vent dials, lighted power window switches, and the much loved cylinder deactivation.

Correct - same dealer, same deal but if 2018 it'll be an additional $3700 as I wont get some sort of 2017 discount and 2018 is costlier.

How many years financed to get the 0.9%?
Great deal.

Great deal..but this tax..its not on the 29k right it should on the bottom line ie the remainder post trade. If no then I still like it i guess but decidedly less so as that's what like +2k diff

$25.5k for a used 16? I'd hop on that real quick. You said that is via a private sale?

$25.5k for a used 16? I'd hop on that real quick. You said that is via a private sale?

Correct But I have a lot of OEM accessories, remote start and full service records also OEM fluids, etc.

Correct But I have a lot of OEM accessories, remote start and full service records also OEM fluids, etc.

Those things add value for YOU, but don't add too much to resale value, nowhere near what they cost or you think they should be worth. Life ain't fair, I know.

Did you list that on a listing site or was it just a local craigslist posting or something? But yeah, that's a hell of an offer. I've been eyeing up the Explorer Sport and if I got an offer like that, I'd be buying. As for your decision, I think I would go for 18 unless you can get a really good deal on a 17. I have kept all my records as well so good to know that actually helps.

Oh i thought that was on trade in..makes sense i guess what would mazda give you? I probably would stick with the 16..lot of tax, even worse here 8+%

It's lame that law allows tax to be net after trade-in if bought from a dealer but not if the used sale is to a private party as a separate transaction.

Back