Are You Willing To Admit The Truth About Yourself?

G

Guest2018

Did you buy that gorgeous White Pearl CX-9 sitting on the lot. Or, maybe you ordered one and was willing to wait the 2-3 months for delivery from Japan. Exactly what were you thinking when you told the sales representative, "I think I'll take that one over there." Where you completely out of your mind or just partially out of your natural mind. Did you become a full blown Type-A after you bought the White Pearl, or were you a full blown Type-A before the purchase?

I'm a naturally detailed oriented person. However, I've never been Type-A.... until I bought a White Pearl CX-9 Signature. What the hell was I thinking, or better yet - was I really thinking things through to their logical conclusion in the first place. I don't know how many times I have fully detailed this vehicle since we drove it home nearly three months ago. I took it to the only professional detailer that I trust anywhere in the solar system and of course, his crew worked their magic by sealing up the paint. They use an an aviation polish and he has a rather unique application process that makes the paint truly come alive. His crew previous removed swirl marks form other high end cars that I've owned and I trust my vehicles to no one else. It costs nearly $400, but it only goes in for work once per year - that's how good this guy happens to be.

In spite of that, I've still become completely out of my mind fascinated by this White Pearl for some bizarre reason that I simply cannot understand. It draws me to detail it every single Saturday, like some kind of masterfully crafted Swiss watch. I've even detailed it on a Friday, then again that Sunday. And, it is not just the paint that's driving me nuts - its the Napa Leather, too. Its like some kind of exotic chocolate that I can't resist. I'm constantly conditioning and massaging it with premium leather conditioner - still has that new car smell plus a rich leather conditioner smell. The two are amazing together.

I'm dealing this thing inside and out, full carpet treatment, under the hood inside the engine compartment and I'm also detailing the undercar complete with spot lube jobs - I'm lubing everything in sight that requires lube under the car once I get it on a rack. Even the inside of my rims sparkle and shine. This is nuts.

Have you gone full blown Type-A over your White Pearl CX-9 and are you man/woman enough to admit it? (silly) Where you Type-A before the purchase or after? Is there a cure for this?

I've gone through 4 bottles of Mothers Detail spray in less than 3 months. Houston, I think we might have a problem here. Should I have bought the Silver instead? Or, would I be just as obsessive? Is this what Mazda means by Soul of Motion? Does it make you desire the vehicle more? Something is going on here that's for sure. I can't stop detailing it.

However, my car cam shows that people are stopping and looking. While I was typing this post, I was connected to my cam from my computer and watched a lady stop and check out the car from head to toe - she stood there 5 min checking it out and then walked way. As she walked away, she turned around and took another look before continuing on. It is just a Mazda, but lots of people comment on it. I think it might be that aviation polish they use. That stuff is amazing.

I was like that, but after the first half dozen dings, I gave up. I keep the interior spic-n-span, leather conditioners and all that. Outside just get the regular wash.

Honestly, the paint shoots off the line are pretty crappy for Japanese cars (Hondas, Toyotas, and now Mazda)...Not sure why, but I've had all three and they all have defects. I just chalk it up to the uniqueness of my car :)

I was like that, but after the first half dozen dings, I gave up. I keep the interior spic-n-span, leather conditioners and all that. Outside just get the regular wash.

Honestly, the paint shoots off the line are pretty crappy for Japanese cars (Hondas, Toyotas, and now Mazda)...Not sure why, but I've had all three and they all have defects. I just chalk it up to the uniqueness of my car :)

Oh, gawd I hope not a half dozen dings!

Maybe the paint requires a nice sealing to get it lasting long and strong. Honestly, Aerolon Wet Polish is absurd in its ability to seal, protect and shine. I won't ever use anything else and I've been using it (through my detailer) on the last four (4) vehicles I've owned. Did that first thing to the White Pearl and bug still splatter but they barely adhere to the surface now. The stuff works like nothing I've ever used before.

But, like you say - it is going to happen eventually.

Back