New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems hit and miss

Until proper version is released there, it's pretty much no AA/ACP available across the board, in all countries on Mazda vehicles.

What? What?
I do not understand why Apple doesn't do something similar. Make the app standalone. Boom: problem solved. Don't gimmee this BS that "it's not the same on a phone" because it is. Best of both worlds here. I've been testing this for about a week. It's ok. I still don't think it's the next great thing. As I've said before, my phone does great handsfree SMS while driving and it's better then AA. Seriously.
Now it certainly WAS cool when I had Maps running and Goog pipes in and said "the bridge is closed 2 miles ahead, you should go this way". Cool certainly, but not really helpful. The bridge has been closed for months. LOL
c68d3f15ff9c5b475cc5ca038256325b.jpg

For what it’s worth, *after* I had purchased my CX-5 this weekend, I asked the sales manager about CarPlay/android auto. He said it’s held up because of licensing fees that Mazda has been negotiating on the software it needs, but that it was 100% sure it will eventually get worked out including retrofit to older models. Given that I had already made my purchase, he had no incentive to be selling me. Again FWIW

If they categorically said no its not coming then yes you can give up hope.

They haven't said that and my guess is when MZD connect II comes in 2019, might be added then

If some dude in his "garage" can install a pretty good working version of AA on the current system, I don't buy that it's technical at all.
Keep in mind this is from Google's biggest fan and someone who doesn't care if it ever comes to our cars because it's perfectly usable for my phone with a BT connection (sorry Apple fans, more proof Apple sucks). Frankly, the Moto app on my phone to text while driving destroys it.
We are never getting it. That's great that it *might* come out on Mazda's next gen infotainment. That's also a rumor and shouldn't be believed. Mazdas been an AA partner since 2014. They've barely said 2 words about it. I love Mazda. I love my Mazda. But I firmly agree with Mango at this point (ew): give up any hope of seeing it on our cars.

Maybe it's a good thing not having it then (uhm)

One less thing to distract a driver from the road.....

Found the Apple fan! Knew that wouldn't take long. :D

"Confirmation Bias"? Not even sure what you mean by that.

I'm just poking fun at one of the biggest rivalries we have today.

Though when it comes to this it blows my mind that Apple is unable (more like unwilling, I bet) to make ACP a stand alone app. Any Android phone can download AA and try it: today. Apple demands the car companies add it to their system.
Google > Apple

Found the Apple fan! Knew that wouldn't take long. :D

"Confirmation Bias"? Not even sure what you mean by that.

I'm just poking fun at one of the biggest rivalries we have today.

Though when it comes to this it blows my mind that Apple is unable (more like unwilling, I bet) to make ACP a stand alone app. Any Android phone can download AA and try it: today. Apple demands the car companies add it to their system.
Google > Apple

Getting this off my chest here and now: I hate Apple. Will not buy or use any of their products.
There, I feel better now.(eekdance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back