User CX-5 Pricing

Mharris

:
Toyota
I'm new to Mazda's and want a CX 5 and can't afford new. Also I do not want a lease. I found 2 grand tourings for sale and wanted thoughts on pricing and if there is any differences between the years. 2016 - 33K miles for 19,560, and 2015 - 22K miles for 22,990. Both have no accidents and one owner. Are these going prices? Any difference between years?

Thanks!

What 7 said. The '16 has a changed grill, updated infotainment system (with command wheel) and better wheels (subjective, I know). My '16 was built in May of '15 and bought at the end of June of '15 so if this '16 is a similar age, 33K miles isn't out of line. I'd guess the '16 has more highway miles which for me is a good thing. I'd say the '15 is overpriced. Good luck.

You can go on mazda website and search Certified cars in your area. if the difference is about 1000 dollars I would recommend a CPO. Seen few folks whose transmission went out and quite a few were 2016s. CPO just gives you piece of mind, that your tranny was not a bad batch and should last a long time.
Also for GT those prices seem low. Are you sure they are not Touring? Test drive a Touring or GT both. If you are new to Mazda - one thing that is overlooked is that Touring is the best value trim in MZD line up. A lot of people think that too, there is an article comparing model / trim and Mazda Touring won first prize ahead of a CRV EX trim.

If I'm not mistaken, Kapps, those bad tranny's happened well before 30K miles. And I certainly wouldn't say it was common.
Under $20K for a 16 with 33K is a steal.

Thanks all, but I thought only the grand touring has leather seats? Does the touring? If so I will go for that model

Yes, if you want leather you have to go for a GT.

Back