2017 CX 9 Customer Reviews

The current gen MDX you can tell they are not proud of the center stack and gauge cluster, just look at the website gallery. The first image showing that goofy dual screen and uggo Acura control knob belly button is way down low, past even the seats.
And the plastics.

The current gen MDX you can tell they are not proud of the center stack and gauge cluster, just look at the website gallery. The first image showing that goofy dual screen and uggo Acura control knob belly button is way down low, past even the seats.

And the plastics.

Doesnt matter. Its still an overall better quality vehicle then the traverse/Durango and all the other mundane Japanese Stuff.

Doesn’t matter. It’s still an overall better quality vehicle then the traverse/Durango and all the other mundane Japanese Stuff.
But it does matter, maybe not to you, but it does matter. Anecdotally a 2014 owner o know won't upgrade to a 2018 because of it.

The CX-9 signature interior looks higher end than the MDX. That's not too good for Acura.

The CX-9 signature interior looks higher end than the MDX. That's not too good for Acura.

Thats because it is higher end. Acura has great seats, but the rest of the interior is sort of falling behind.

Just checkout any Acura interior. Feels so cheap. My Sorento had MDX beat for interior quality and overall features. And Acura salesman .. thats another topic... same bad Honda attitude. They won't give test drives so easily unless you want to buy the same day. They put me in a used 2014 MDX which I couldn't wait to get out of. Drove pretty well but everything else sucked. Let me tell you those interiors don't age well either on a 25k mile used example that was dealer prepped for sale.

Just checkout any Acura interior. Feels so cheap. My Sorento had MDX beat for interior quality and overall features. And Acura salesman .. thats another topic... same bad Honda attitude. They won't give test drives so easily unless you want to buy the same day. They put me in a used 2014 MDX which I couldn't wait to get out of. Drove pretty well but everything else sucked. Let me tell you those interiors don't age well either on a 25k mile used example that was dealer prepped for sale.

the MDX drives better then some s*** KIA. end of story!

And 2018 was a seat upgrade for the CX-9. Getting closet to the MDX not further away.

I would get the CX-9 over an acura without blinking. the MDX becomes a good proposition if you need the extra space.

the MDX drives better then some s*** KIA. end of story!

I would get the CX-9 over an acura without blinking. the MDX becomes a good proposition if you need the extra space.

Calling latest Kia's s***. How ignorant can one be!

Calling latest Kia's s***. How ignorant can one be!

You are I are two different buyers. You care about plenty of useless features at a good value, I care about driving dynamics and handling. This is where the Kia falls short.

I will applaud them for making continual improvements with each model and being innovative after 2009, but chassis tuning is lacking from Hyundai.

Kia chassis tuning is different from Hyundai. They just share engines and drive trains and electronics. Body and suspension tuning are different. Sorento was tuned at Nurburgring

Test drive Santa Fe and sorento and you will see the big differences

The guy with a Kia likes Kias and the guy with a Mazda likes Mazdas. Some seriously profound s*** going on in this thread.

Lemme tell you guys a little something about the Toyota 4runner....
I have one, and I like it.
mindblown.gif

But it does matter, maybe not to you, but it does matter. Anecdotally a 2014 owner o know won't upgrade to a 2018 because of it.

If you own a prior generation MDX, and you are looking to replace it, what are you going to get instead of another MDX in that price range? The Euro competitors' prices jump quickly when trying to equip them similarly. The Lexus RX only has 2 rows of seats. The Infiniti QX60 probably isn't much better than the MDX, and is less reliable. Cadillac and Lincoln 3-row SUVs are truck based. The bottom line is that the MDX doesn't really have that many alternatives to choose from, unless you want to spend a signifiant amount of money and buy European. So I think the 2014 MDX owner is pretty likely to bite the bullet with a 2018 if they are in the market, your friend notwithstanding.

That's not an Acura thing--that's a crappy dealer thing. The last time I had someone refuse to let me test drive, I was 18 killing an afternoon looking to drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse (back when people actually wanted them)--salesman saw exactly what I was doing, and told me I could drive it when I signed papers.

Volvo XC90 comes well equipped at 57-60k but not as much discounted as MDX. Still you get a much better car for an extra 4-5k

We wanted the ATLAS as we are a VW family, but the CX-9 is a better buy. Better gas mileage and many more features for the same price. Hard to say no when you get so much more!

We wanted the ATLAS as we are a VW family, but the CX-9 is a better buy. Better gas mileage and many more features for the same price. Hard to say no when you get so much more!

Same story can be said with the Mazda 6. Looking at its competition which is selling exponentially better such as the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, even the Chevy Malibu and Nissan Altima you wonder why the **** would ANYONE buy any of those cars over the Mazda?

The Mazda makes the most torque at the lowest RPM, by far has the best engine and transmission, is the fastest, most efficient, the best looking, the best handling with the best steering feel, it just goes on and on. The Altima and accords drivetrain technology is essentially unchanged from 2006, especially the Altima. it is ridiculous...

Dont even get why started on the Toyota Camry... just bleh. Car rides a little nicer, yet corners a lot less spirited. The engine and transmission are nowhere near as enthusiastic to do their job like the Mazdas.

Last edited:
Same story can be said with the Mazda 6. Looking at its competition which is selling exponentially better such as the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, even the Chevy Malibu and Nissan Altima you wonder why the **** would ANYONE buy any of those cars over the Mazda?

I have been wondering the exact same. My guess on Camry and Accord is the reliability factor... in the past ripped off by shady dealers (or indys) on repair/maintenance so badly that any (perceived or real) reliability advantage trumps everything else about the choices. Like shell shock. Understandable.

I have a buddy who ONLY buys GM products, so maybe there are many more like this out there. The skyactiv's note doesn't sound enough like bald eagles. Understandable too.

I think Nissan pushes the deals/financing more, or so I've heard. For those who Toyota/Honda don't want to talk to. Isn't the Rogue model like 15 years old... but there is a customer base for that. Have you seen the tv ads for the bad ass midnight edition Rogue?? Great stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1mpRnD-SCw

Back