The official Review Thread

It's funny, despite Honda's vaunted reliability reputation, I've seen nothing but broken down Honda's lately lol

My wife's 2003 Civic had the alternator go (2nd time in ~5 years) again a couple months ago which moved up our time line to buy her a Mazda 3 Sport. And I've seen tons of them broken down on the road lately commuting. Two of them on the same freeway entrance a couple weeks ago haha.

We own a 2008 Civic, we are the original owners, and the Honda didn't really pan out to be the most reliable. We've never been stranded but we've had more issues with this brand that with any other brand we've owned.

Because My kids are all grown up and my last name isn’t “Griswald”

Exactly my opinion on wagons as well.

(rofl)

Vacation_006Pyxurz-1024x720.jpg

Yet you already own a tall wagon...

You guys sure do some impressive mental gymnastics to suit your own little internal narratives lol
Really...a CX-5 doesn't at all look like a rectangular box on wheels wagon...

The CX5 is an "aero-dynamic rectangular box" on stilts.

Generally, I think the line between a wagon and a hatchback is blurred these days.

Last edited:
Exactly. People are diluting themselves (rlaugh)

Which is 'boxier' anyway?
2017-Mazda-CX-5-115-626x383.jpg

phpvpirT0-5575238bd8ec8.jpg

To be fair, I don't care for 2017 CX-5's.

Maybe the higher off the ground base and proportions just work better in my mind for a CX-5.

Same reason I am not much of a fan of a 3 hatchback.

That 6 wagon looks like a wiener dog...Long body, stubby legs, LOL!

I always find it amusing when the person who drives and suv or cuv tells me they don’t like wagons.......

Eh to each their own, but they don't look exactly the same. I mean they don't look the same at all to me. Again probably has to do with proportions. Now an actual side profile instead of angled pics:

CX-5_GE_High_Side_960x540.png

rsz_new-2014-mazda-6-wagon-side-profile.jpg

Wagon looks like a wiener dog to me. Long, but short. Modern family truckster to me...

CX-5 looks more sleek, and the length works with the height.

Less of a long box on wheels.

To each their own. :)

Edit: Sorry, fixed image sizing.

Last edited:
To me the shorter relative to length actually makes it look *more* boxy. Anyway the main thing in my opinion that differentiates a cuv/suv from a wagon or hatch is ride height/ground clearance. Not boxyness vs sleek as we can show examples of boxy wagons or sleek suv/cuv and vice versa all day long.

To me the CX-5 is more of a puffed up hatchback honestly. I like hatchbacks so I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.

To me the shorter relative to length actually makes it look *more* boxy. Anyway the main thing in my opinion that differentiates a cuv/suv from a wagon or hatch is ride height/ground clearance. Not boxyness vs sleek as we can show examples of boxy wagons or sleek suv/cuv and vice versa all day long.

Yeah, probably true, but the wagon is clearly longer and thus has a more straight back look to it (even if not an actual straight line).

So I'd agree, ground clearance, but also the length of the vehicle. The wagon is just not my style, the CX-5 on the other hand...Love it!

To me the CX-5 is more of a puffed up hatchback honestly. I like hatchbacks so I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.

You're right. It's like a bigger and higher off the ground 3 hatchback. I don't like the 3 hatchback for the same reason as the wagon, too low and too long. Proportions don't work for my brain.

CX-5 on the other hand...love it!

That's just me though :)

I think the CRV and Escape have more of the wagon look due to the larger rear window mostly but they’re longer back there too. CX-5 is similar in overall length but has a longer hood which imo looks good.

I think the CRV and Escape have more of the wagon look due to the larger rear window mostly but they’re longer back there too. CX-5 is similar in overall length but has a longer hood which imo looks good.

Agreed. I always stated the CR-V has a wide behind! Butt ugly!

Escape too, now that you mention it, though in a different way than the CR-V.

Back