2017 Text Messages Not Being Received

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Guys, I believe I have all the settings set correctly to received text messages via my iPhone, but new texts do not appear on my CX-5's screen. Any idea what I might have missed as far as setting it up?

Guys, I believe I have all the settings set correctly to received text messages via my iPhone, but new texts do not appear on my CX-5's screen. Any idea what I might have missed as far as setting it up?
I thought it only worked with Android. Or, you can only respond to text if you have Android. Something like that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 5-117 of the owner's manual mentions the iPhone, and that "past" messages cannot be displayed. That's fine - I'm happy to see just the new ones as I'm driving.

On your phone, go to settings then Bluetooth and on that little i icon in a blue circle next to Mazda, select "show notifications".

Anchorman, that did it! Thanks! I'm now getting notifications on the vehicle's screen.

The nice lady will read them out too. My mate and I had a few minutes of childish fun listening to her speak out swear words in her posh queen voice!

Anchorman, our family had a great laugh when she attempted to say "porch". She says it with the thickest Southern Accent. We replayed it over and over.

It does bother me I cannot initiate a text with voice. Or reply with voice. Luckily, there's a sweet app on my phone to do this. Many new cars offer this.

Back