People seem to like the car....

I've had people come up to me to admire my red Primera, seriously. A good drivers car.
And a Audi A4 Avant Quattro in dark blue. A boring car to drive.

If the new CX-5 sells exactly like the previous model, lots of people will like the car. Best selling SUV here since 2012

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

If the new CX-5 sells exactly like the previous model, lots of people will like the car. Best selling SUV here since 2012

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Sorry, Australia does not count, too small of a market! Just kidding by the way. I have heard that Mazda does good sales in Australia. Do Honda/Toyota/Nissan not have a big presence in Australia?

Sorry, Australia does not count, too small of a market! Just kidding by the way. I have heard that Mazda does good sales in Australia. Do Honda/Toyota/Nissan not have a big presence in Australia?

Mazda 3 alone outsells the whole Honda lineup in Australia 4:3 - for every 4 3's sold there are 3 Honda's (Civic, Accord, CRV, Pilot etc. combined) sold.
So pretty fair to say its like comparing Subaru sales in US to Mitsubishi's.

Sadly this is American market we are talking about - average American has zero knowledge about cars and buy whatever family recommends. The percentage of folks with less dough wanting to keep up with the Jones's have gone up - as reflected in sales of Nissan, Kia and Hyundai.
In a country where Rogue is #1 selling non Truck there is not much hope for Mazda. I predict 150K in sales. A healthy number and a jump from last years model.

Mazda 3 alone outsells the whole Honda lineup in Australia 4:3 - for every 4 3's sold there are 3 Honda's (Civic, Accord, CRV, Pilot etc. combined) sold.
So pretty fair to say its like comparing Subaru sales in US to Mitsubishi's.

Sadly this is American market we are talking about - average American has zero knowledge about cars and buy whatever family recommends. The percentage of folks with less dough wanting to keep up with the Jones's have gone up - as reflected in sales of Nissan, Kia and Hyundai.
In a country where Rogue is #1 selling non Truck there is not much hope for Mazda. I predict 150K in sales. A healthy number and a jump from last years model.

I don't think the latest gen Honda CR-V has been released in Oz yet. I'm guessing when it's released it will be more appealing than the old generation. That aside, it seems Aussies are more focused on the driving experience rather than just plain simple utility than their US cousins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Number one seller is Toyota. Number 2 is Mazda. Honda and Nissan are down the list.

Mazda3 & CX-5 are always in the top ten for sales. The CX-9 & CX-3 do pretty well.

I don't think the latest gen Honda CR-V has been released in Oz yet. I'm guessing when it's released it will be more appealing than the old generation. That aside, it seems Aussies are more focused on the driving experience rather than just plain simple utility than their US cousins?

Correct. The CR-V comes in the third quarter but hasn't sold that well in the past.

Primary competitors for the CX-5 is Hyundai Tuscon, Nissan X-Trail & Toyota Rav4

Still haven't seen the new model CX-5 bar what I have mentioned earlier (gah)

Last time I looked the CR-V was like 7th in rank in Aus.

Have yet to see one here either yet which is surprising to me because Mazda is very popular here. There are 3 CX5s in my work lot daily. A 4th yesterday. The really dark blue one. So dark, I thought it was black at first. Sweet color.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last time I looked the CR-V was like 7th in rank in Aus.

Have yet to see one here either yet which is surprising to me because Mazda is very popular here. There are 3 CX5s in my work lot daily. A 4th yesterday. The really dark blue one. So dark, I thought it was black at first. Sweet color.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not recently and from memory hasn't cracked the top ten for quite some time.

CX-5 was fifth best selling vehicle last month. In its segment, these are the top selling:

1. Mazda CX-5 – 2166
  2. Hyundai Tucson – 1530
  3. Toyota RAV4 – 1389

Will take a while I guess to see them on the roads

Hey Jon.NY, one of your pictures has made it to Mazdas24/7 Facebook page! :)

For sure!

No doubt the Mazda SRC is a head turner.....but do you reckon anyone would have stopped to comment on this in SRC!?

ae128857fc7d575c400df3d137c37e4c.jpg

Don't forget the tent option. :)

x2pn_az04222.jpg

Any Mazda with red metallic paint pops out. It's the most beautiful red color I have ever seen on the road.

Any Mazda with red metallic paint pops out. It's the most beautiful red color I have ever seen on the road.

AGREED! I've washed it at least once a week since I've purchased it. I also discovered Meguiar's Xpress Synthetic Spray Wax that I use as I'm drying off...and she looks phenomenal!

Someone stopped me yesterday coming out of the liquor store, and appeared to be waiting for me to return to my 2017 GT. Before I could open the door, he asked if that was the new CX-5. He said it looked different and thought the color made it look amazing. He shot off a few questions about it and if I've ever seen the face of envy, that was it. I think people are really liking the new styling. I've never driven a new car that made people really ask about it before. The crazy thing is stepping inside the new GT with the premium package, just... has everything you'd expect a BMW or Audi to have.

Someone stopped me yesterday coming out of the liquor store, and appeared to be waiting for me to return to my 2017 GT. Before I could open the door, he asked if that was the new CX-5. He said it looked different and thought the color made it look amazing. He shot off a few questions about it and if I've ever seen the face of envy, that was it. I think people are really liking the new styling. I've never driven a new car that made people really ask about it before. The crazy thing is stepping inside the new GT with the premium package, just... has everything you'd expect a BMW or Audi to have.

Good to hear it is being noticed :)

AGREED! I've washed it at least once a week since I've purchased it. I also discovered Meguiar's Xpress Synthetic Spray Wax that I use as I'm drying off...and she looks phenomenal!

You can use that product when the paint isn't perfectly dry?

A wiseman said design is effectively free so when you are resource strapped it's a good area to focus on to differentiate your product from the herd. They've done a nice job with their product line inside and out.

Back