Canada - 2016.5/2017 Mazda CX-5 OTD Price?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GS - Sonic Silver Metallic
Hi all, I've seen a ton of OTD pricing the in the "current selling price" thread that's stickied but haven't seen a ton from Canada. Are there any Canadians that could chip in on their OTD price? There must be some big corporate deal because this one dealer here in Calgary just brought in truckloads of 2016.5 from across the province (their parking lot is full and that's the story the sales guy gave to me).

Are they selling for under invoice in Canada?? How do 2017 compare?

I'm trying to find the sweet spot for where my money is best spent. I can get a used 2016.5 GT for $29k w/ 50000 km (~31k miles), MSRP on the 2016.5 GS is $33.6k and I could be OTD for $33.1k plus taxes. I don't care for any of the GT features (and prefer the simplicity of the GS for the most part) but I know there's a ton of value lost in that mileage in a year.

Last edited:
fellow Canadian here as well. You should keep an eye on this thread on RedFlagDeals forum. Somebody reported that he got it for invoice + 3% at Scarboro Mazda.
Not sure now what kind of discounts you can negotiate in Calgary though...
Edit: talking about 2017 model here

Last edited:
I just purchased a 2017 AWD GS (no options) in Calgary. Got roughly $1200 off MSRP not including $500 loyalty or the free nav ($425). All in OTD was about $33,600 incl. 5% GST.

Did you make sure the dead battery issue was resolved on the one you took delivery of?:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860496-All-2017-GS-model-grounded

Yes - I haven't actually taken delivery yet. They assured me that it wouldn't be an issue and to bring it back if there were any issues... and that a solution would be distributed Monday (yesterday) but haven't heard anything yet. They reached out last night and told me that they are held to the Mazda stop-sale now. Frustrating because I asked them to confirm a few times and they said no problem when I was in over the weekend.

I was hoping to roadtrip in it this weekend after getting 3m PPF installed mid-week but sounds less and less likely. It might be the old 06 rust-mobile's last trip (I can only hope).

Yes - I haven't actually taken delivery yet. They assured me that it wouldn't be an issue and to bring it back if there were any issues... and that a solution would be distributed Monday (yesterday) but haven't heard anything yet. They reached out last night and told me that they are held to the Mazda stop-sale now. Frustrating because I asked them to confirm a few times and they said no problem when I was in over the weekend.

Sounds about right:

"You're interested in buying? I assure you, there are no issues whatsoever!"

[buys car]

"Uh, sorry -- there are issues and we can't let you have it until there's a solution."

I am in Toronto and after we test drove the CX-5, the dealer offered us Invoice + 3% price right off the bat without any negotiation. We wanted to test drive the CR-V and the Forester on the same day so we told him that we haven't decided what we want yet, but I get the feeling that with some negotiation we should be able to get a lower price than what was offered right from the start.

I am in Toronto and after we test drove the CX-5, the dealer offered us Invoice + 3% price right off the bat without any negotiation. We wanted to test drive the CR-V and the Forester on the same day so we told him that we haven't decided what we want yet, but I get the feeling that with some negotiation we should be able to get a lower price than what was offered right from the start.
Would you mind providing the dealer name in Toronto? Thanks

i had no idea what a GS was (not a model here in the US) so I went on Mazda's Canada site to look...that's when i discovered the slick wheel options you guys get...I'm officially convinced Mazda hates Americans

i had no idea what a GS was (not a model here in the US) so I went on Mazda's Canada site to look...that's when i discovered the slick wheel options you guys get...I'm officially convinced Mazda hates Americans

You're in NY. Just come for a visit to Ontario and go home with a nice new shiney wheel / tire combo!

GS is equivalent to touring in US. Just a little different equipment configs up here.

You're in NY. Just come for a visit to Ontario and go home with a nice new shiney wheel / tire combo!

I have to admit it's tempting - saw a '16.5 like mine the other day with blacked out rims & badges and it was really nice

Would you mind providing the dealer name in Toronto? Thanks

We are currently in the process of buying the car. I emailed a bunch of dealers to get their best price and hoping to select the one with lowest price. So far only one responded back to say they will only give the price in person, so I am not sure if that strategy will work. Anyways, I gave them all one week to respond and if no one responds then I will have to do the leg work and physically visit a few dealerships and play them off each other. Once we buy the car, I will post the final price and the dealer.

We are currently in the process of buying the car. I emailed a bunch of dealers to get their best price and hoping to select the one with lowest price. So far only one responded back to say they will only give the price in person, so I am not sure if that strategy will work. Anyways, I gave them all one week to respond and if no one responds then I will have to do the leg work and physically visit a few dealerships and play them off each other. Once we buy the car, I will post the final price and the dealer.

Most in this area are this way. In purchasing both my Mazda's emails led to dealer leads but pricing, if not done in person, was done over the phone. I got firm pricing over the phone from one, a "ballpark" unless I was ready to proceed in person from another, and a fully worked out price from another dealer in person with them knowing full well I was testing the waters at that point. They, of all people, ended up getting my business - and that very same day.

If you're in Toronto it's worth sending an email and touching base with Jeff Holley @ Mazda of Toronto. He's sales manager there and will cut straight to the chase with you - he will address your needs / concerns / spec out your car with you over email, then call you for pricing. If agreed you can pay deposit, send it required info and only need to go into the dealer when picking up. This is how I bought my Mazda 3.

If you end up buying from him tell him Ryan sent you his way. Buying from him (My Mazda 3 GT) was one of the easiest car buying experiences I've ever had. PM me if you want his direct email address.

The only reason I didn't buy the CX-5 from him was my trade-in value for the car we were ditching was higher in my local out-of-town market than in the Toronto market.

Most in this area are this way. In purchasing both my Mazda's emails led to dealer leads but pricing, if not done in person, was done over the phone. I got firm pricing over the phone from one, a "ballpark" unless I was ready to proceed in person from another, and a fully worked out price from another dealer in person with them knowing full well I was testing the waters at that point. They, of all people, ended up getting my business - and that very same day.

If you're in Toronto it's worth sending an email and touching base with Jeff Holley @ Mazda of Toronto. He's sales manager there and will cut straight to the chase with you - he will address your needs / concerns / spec out your car with you over email, then call you for pricing. If agreed you can pay deposit, send it required info and only need to go into the dealer when picking up. This is how I bought my Mazda 3.

If you end up buying from him tell him Ryan sent you his way. Buying from him (My Mazda 3 GT) was one of the easiest car buying experiences I've ever had. PM me if you want his direct email address.

The only reason I didn't buy the CX-5 from him was my trade-in value for the car we were ditching was higher in my local out-of-town market than in the Toronto market.

I've seen tons of people recommending Jeff. I think his username across multiple message boards is Jeff-TheBiz. Give it a Google search, you'll find him recommended all over RFD. I think he has a personal website as well. Can't vouch for him as I bought my vehicle out West and never had a chance to deal with him!

I've seen tons of people recommending Jeff. I think his username across multiple message boards is Jeff-TheBiz. Give it a Google search, you'll find him recommended all over RFD. I think he has a personal website as well. Can't vouch for him as I bought my vehicle out West and never had a chance to deal with him!

That's him. And he is well known / recommended, well, because he's pretty awesome to buy a car from.

Bought my CX-5 from Jeff in 2014, great guy to deal with and will always give you an excellent price.
Hess well known on the Mazda3 Toronto forum.

2017 CX-5 GT
-1300 from MSRP
free soul red
free remote start
free all weather mats

I think a lot of people are getting 10% off msrp now?
There's also a post in RFD from Unhaggle, they tell you the invoice price.
If I found this beforehand, I could have asked for a better price. (hand)
Oh well, wife is happy with the car so I guess I am too..

2017 CX-5 GT
-1300 from MSRP
free soul red
free remote start
free all weather mats

I think a lot of people are getting 10% off msrp now?
There's also a post in RFD from Unhaggle, they tell you the invoice price.
If I found this beforehand, I could have asked for a better price. (hand)
Oh well, wife is happy with the car so I guess I am too..

I don't know how people are getting these discounts on the 2017 elsewhere in Canada. Here in the Vancouver area, dealers are barely moving off MSRP for GT + Tech. Supply is really limited for that particular combo I guess, so they have no incentive if the next guy is willing to pay full price.

I'm working on getting extra value in my trade-in and on some accessories. Is it possible to get free oil changes for 'x' years or something similar? I wonder if that's another value-add thing that a dealer would be willing to do...

Back