Trans Fluid

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Hi everyone. I would like to know which trans fluid would you prefer Toyota ATF I-V or JWS 3309. I would like your opinions based on which one is better considering everything including cost. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What's he's saying is that it's the same thing. JWS 3309 is a spec to which Toyota T-IV conforms. I have used Toyota T-IV numerous times, and it's fine. My local Toyota dealer gives me a discount when I buy a whole case, don't remember the exact price, but I always thought that it was a steal.

Last edited:
Thanks phil. I will be going with the Toyota one for now. The mazda fluid is way to expensive. For the price of one qt of mazda fluid I can buy 2 quarts of the Toyota T-IV.

Check local auto parts stores for Mobil ATF 3309. Same stuff as T-IV. Check even Amazon and eBay.

I have drained and re-filled the trans fluid once so far on my 08, and will be due again this summer. I bought the TIV from a Toyota dealer, got a whole box of it, and returned the bottles I didn't need. It was dirt cheap. I've towed U-Haul 6x12 trailers all over the country and hauled lots of stuff in my CX-9, and the transmission with 95k right now is still strong like bull, no issues. My vote is for the Toyota fluid.

I am leaning toward the Toyota fluid also. How many qts came out when you did a drain and fill? did you do more than one or just the one that you mentioned in your post. The capacity is around 7.5 quarts for the whole system so I am guessing that for 1 drain and fill I would need about 4 qts.

Man it was awhile ago. I don't recall. Just drained, filled. I do remember having to buy a long hose and spout since the fill tube was so recessed.

I am leaning toward the Toyota fluid also. How many qts came out when you did a drain and fill? did you do more than one or just the one that you mentioned in your post. The capacity is around 7.5 quarts for the whole system so I am guessing that for 1 drain and fill I would need about 4 qts.

You are correct. Drain and fill is about 3.3 quarts so will need 4.

Latest posts

Back