Looking for the best place to buy brakes for the protege?

I buy all my parts from RockAuto. Inexpensive, plenty of choices, and the support is rad. They sent me a wrong swaybar endlink and they swapped it out free and fast. You can do an axle (pads and rotors) for $36, the cheap ones of course.

Sent from my LG-VS995 using Tapatalk

I always do Amazon. With prime it's 2nd day shipping for free and they never hassle with any kind of returns if it is crap or doesn't fit. plus we live out in the country and there's not a lot of local selection, short of driving 30-60 minutes into town. Amazon brings it right to my mailbox (though we live too far away from the mailbox for them to bring it to our house lol so if it won't fit in the box they call us and we drive down to the mailbox and she hands it to us) :)

I went with some EBC rotors and pads, got them from Autoanything.com. Was pretty happy with the price and how quickly I received everything.

Also if your wanting the rotors too, just upgrade to the Mazda 6 brakes. Worth while might as well take it one step further. Just a thought.

Bendix, Wagner, or Centric are some of the better brands for pads.

Rotors are hit and miss, last pair I bought was from 1Aauto and they are still working well after more than a year.

I've bought some stuff from rockauto, and was pretty happy with the quality of the parts. I have mazdaspeed protege rotors on the front so I'm good there and I don't wanna spend the money on Mazda 6 calipers.. I've seen the EBC brakes and was thinking about picking up some but I'm still not sure yet on how much I want to spend. But I would like to get a nice set of slotted rotors and some decent pads.

Okay so I went with Wagner fronts and centric for the rear. Bought from rockauto.com front and rears shipped 130.00 not bad!!!

Wherever you buy from, know what you're buying......I had some bad ebay cross drilled slotted Brembo rotors and bad ebay Hawk HPS pads complete set for $200 that lasted 75,000 miles and stopped better than any other disc/pad combo I've had on it. Running some R1 c/s rotors with Lomandi Kevlar metallic pads now. Great stopping power and less dusting than the Hawks.

Mostly, the shittiest thing on ebay is people's knowledge of what they're buying or bidding on...............same goes for Amazon or alibaba or any other online place. Research research research then price comparison.....................

Last edited:
I would also like to say that I have heard of people saying that they have put cx-7 or even cx-9 brakes on since they are a slightly cheaper alternative to the Mazda 6 brake swap that is more common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wherever you buy from, know what you're buying......I had some bad ebay cross drilled slotted Brembo rotors and bad ebay Hawk HPS pads complete set for $200 that lasted 75,000 miles and stopped better than any other disc/pad combo I've had on it. Running some R1 c/s rotors with Lomandi Kevlar metallic pads now. Great stopping power and less dusting than the Hawks.

Mostly, the shittiest thing on ebay is people's knowledge of what they're buying or bidding on...............same goes for Amazon or alibaba or any other online place. Research research research then price comparison.....................

Seems like a lot of parts sold on eBay, even with them being brand name stuff are still garbage.

I would also like to say that I have heard of people saying that they have put cx-7 or even cx-9 brakes on since they are a slightly cheaper alternative to the Mazda 6 brake swap that is more common.

I'll have to definitely check into that as long as I plan on keeping my Mazda!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of parts sold on eBay, even with them being brand name stuff are still garbage.
Now substitute "on eBay" with the word "everywhere" and drop "Seems like" off the front.......it'll be genius.

Back