Hood Release falling out (2013 AWD)

:
2013 CX5-GS, AWD
After the last visit to the shop, where it involved some work down around the fuse box, I notice that my hood release cable latch keeps falling out when I pull on it. I keep pushing it back into the dash but it doesn't seem to lock in place. Do I need to push really hard (I am afraid to break it) or is there some kind of fastener that the shop forgot to reinstall? I can't seem to quite figure out how this is meant to stay in place. It looks to just push in, but it won't stay and falls out when pulled on. Thanks!

I'd take a flashlight and get down there to see how everything is put together. Chances are you probably broke a plastic clip or something.

I pulled out the latch and it's definitely broken, I can see where a plastic tab of some sort has been broken off. It's in the shop today for an unrelated issue and I am making them replace the part. They broke it, they can fix it. It's really a stupid mistake for a tech to make, obviously forced the part when it wasn't in properly and didn't test that it worked after reassembly. I am fast losing what confidence I had in this shop!

Back