Lollie in demister vent

rjbak3r

:
mazda cx 5 maxx sport 2016
Hey guys i have a 2016 mazda cx5 maxx sport and i opened a lollie the other day in the car and it went flying out of the packet and into the demister vents in the front of the dash :/ does anyone know an easier way to remove it with out pulling out the dash ?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

If it flew in it can be taken out. Get yourself an automotive grab claw. It's flexible and you use the grabber to get the Lollie. It will fit in the vent. Sold at AutoZone and other parts stores in the tools section. May be referred to as a retrieval tool. You press the plunger on top and the claws on the bottom open up extent out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grab claw could work. Or send your trained mouse in after it.

61GygU5zwUL._SL1281_.jpg

Grab claw could work. Or send your trained mouse in after it.
(lol2) The trained mouse also has to be a new-born baby mouse too⋯

To OP, if every effort failed, you just have to forget about the lollie which is sitting somewhere inside the vent pipes in your HVAC system. Any attempt to open up the system to reterive the lollie would be uneconomical unless you've retired and have all your time to DIY. :)

Was the lollie your favorite flavor or can you do without it?

LOL, this thread is funny as hell,

aquarium vacuums have pretty good suction, strong enough to pick up gravel, I'm sure it'll be strong enough to pick up your "lollie" LOL

just get some adapters or tubing that's small enough to get thru the vents, this is the easiest way I can think of short of taking apart the dash ....

or try removing the blower motor below the glove compartment and see if you can reach your hand in from there.

Can you see the lollie at all? You might have to look in from the outside through the windshield. If you can't see it then obviously none of these suggestions are going to work, save the trained mouse that is.

Back