New to Mazda have some questions.

:
19 cx5 09 cx9
Just picked up my first Mazda a 2007 cx9 GT. I'm coming from the VW world where everybody likes OEM+ accessories. So far I like the car but have 2 questions somebody can help me with. The first is Bluetooth. The BT is not working in the car. You press the phone button and nothing happens no beep to pair or unpair. I've tried pulling the audio fuse behind the glovebox and tried disconnecting the negative cable to avail. I'm not sure what to look at first. Wanted some assistance. And on to the second question. Has anyone retrofitted the oem navigation. What all parts would be required. My car has the factory Bose system and Rear entertainment system so really don't want go aftermarket.

The link above I think is for a non-navigation unit. Our 2007 and 2008 models have the navigation disc in the back of the vehicle, so if you went aftermarket, you either have to find one that can accept the oem disc/unit in the back of the car, or bypass it altogether. I don't know in that case though how you would get the gps antenna routed...as far as what wiring you would use. Seems pretty doable for non-navigation, but for GT model with Bose/navigation.... I just dunno. Not only do you have the disc in the back of the vehicle (on the right side, under the cargo mat), but you also have your proprietary Bose subwoofer in the back of the vehicle (under the cargo mat, on the left side). So you have to hook into both of those, and surely that would be nearly impossible.

As far as the Bluetooth, not sure what to tell you. Usually to set up a new phone (or after battery disconnect) I have to hold down the Bluetooth button for several seconds vs just clicking it. It's not a very good Bluetooth system...it was early stages of that technology. Hope you find a fix for it!

I also came from the VW world back in the day on VWVortex. I had a 90' Jetta GLi 2.0 16v and a 97 B4 Passat GLX VR6. I miss them both, as much as I hated them.

Latest posts

Back