Check Engine Light and Keys don't work

RobCX9

:
2016 CX-9 Touring w/Moonroof & Tech Package
So I just bought a 2016 CX-9 Touring with the Touring Premium Package a couple weeks ago.

My son had a surgical procedure this morning and afterwards we got him home and everything was fine with the car.

UNTIL... I went to lock it. Nothing. Not with my key or my wife's key. It wouldn't start either.

Call the dealer, service advisor tells me to hold the key up to the start button and try to start it. That works... BUT... the check engine light (CEL) is on. I'm like what the??

So I'm at the dealer waiting. Curious if anyone has had this issue before? Or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you change any of the interior bulbs?

When I switched a couple of interior bulbs to brighter leds, I blew a fuse that produced the same symptoms you're experiencing.

Returning the original leds and then replacing the fuse solved the problem and it hasn't recurred.

When I switched a couple of interior bulbs to brighter leds, I blew a fuse that produced the same symptoms you're experiencing.

Returning the original leds and then replacing the fuse solved the problem and it hasn't recurred.

That's exactly what happened. Unfortunately, the LED melted the housing on one of the map lights up front. So, I had to order that. Luckily the dealer has been cool about it and is replacing it for just the cost of the part. Which is like $100. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the factory LED bulbs the same size as the non LED factor bulbs? Basically, what do the factory LED bulbs look like?

The factory bulbs are "modules" that have the same connector dimensions as conventional bulbs.
The leds that I purchased fit perfectly in the connectors (don't recall the specific length).
I'd replaced the front bulbs and one of those in the second row before blowing the fuse.

Back