SiriusXM Pause/Rewind

LarryB78

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech
In my '09 3 I had Sirius installed (OEM in dash) and it had the capability to pause the live feed and then either resume where i'd paused or rewind to any point on the channel i had been listening to up to an hour or so in the past (so long as i'd been on that channel)...this was a great feature bc when receiving a phone call I didn't have to miss anything on the talk channels I enjoy. In my 16.5 CX-5 GT this feature seems to be non-existent...was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make it happen - thanks!

In my '09 3 I had Sirius installed (OEM in dash) and it had the capability to pause the live feed and then either resume where i'd paused or rewind to any point on the channel i had been listening to up to an hour or so in the past (so long as i'd been on that channel)...this was a great feature bc when receiving a phone call I didn't have to miss anything on the talk channels I enjoy. In my 16.5 CX-5 GT this feature seems to be non-existent...was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make it happen - thanks!

It's non-existent in my wife's 08 CR-V too. Never heard of that option.

Wouldn't the system that is capable of doing what your asking about have to have a hard drive, or some other type of storage medium, in order to operate?

Last edited:
You can do that with the sxm app or certain sxm receivers. The mazda HU is not capable of of pausing. It would be nice. I've never seen an oem radio with that capability, not to say it doesn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You can do that with the sxm app or certain sxm receivers. The mazda HU is not capable of of pausing. It would be nice. I've never seen an oem radio with that capability, not to say it doesn't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As I stated in the original post my '09 3 had it with the factory Sirius, just seemed a little odd that it would disappear in more modern versions...not a deal breaker, just a nicety that I would've liked to retain

My 2010 Mazda3 and my '14 CX-9 both have pause/rewind capability on satellite radio, but my '16 Mazda6 does not.

My 2010 Mazda3 and my '14 CX-9 both have pause/rewind capability on satellite radio, but my '16 Mazda6 does not.

i'm curious does the '14 have touchscreen? my '09 mazda3 didn't, was a physical pause button & then the channel up/down buttons on the steering wheel could be used to pause/rewind

i'm curious does the '14 have touchscreen? my '09 mazda3 didn't, was a physical pause button & then the channel up/down buttons on the steering wheel could be used to pause/rewind

Yes, the '14 CX-9 is the Mazda head unit with a touch screen. The '10 3 had a physical button, but the steering wheel toggles would move through presets, not forward or back to stops in the satellite program.

From what you're saying it sounds like some of the Sirius/XM radios had a built in solid state memory buffer. Back in 09 it was probably a 8 or 16 gig buffer. It probably held about a half hour or so of the channel prgramming and there was probably a 5-10 sec delay so even if you loose signal for a few seconds you would never notice it.

There's a couple areas near my house with dense tree cover and the signal always drops for a few seconds.

Unfortunately the bean counters probably got ahold of that idea and slashed it to save a few bucks.

Yes, the '14 CX-9 is the Mazda head unit with a touch screen. The '10 3 had a physical button, but the steering wheel toggles would move through presets, not forward or back to stops in the satellite program.

yeah in the '09 the steering wheel toggles would fast forward/rewind to the next spot when the text display changed - once you were caught up/on real time then it would revert to toggling through presets

From what you're saying it sounds like some of the Sirius/XM radios had a built in solid state memory buffer. Back in 09 it was probably a 8 or 16 gig buffer. It probably held about a half hour or so of the channel prgramming and there was probably a 5-10 sec delay so even if you loose signal for a few seconds you would never notice it.

There's a couple areas near my house with dense tree cover and the signal always drops for a few seconds.

Unfortunately the bean counters probably got ahold of that idea and slashed it to save a few bucks.

that's almost exactly it - if you wanted to re-hear something all you needed to do was hit pause for a few seconds, then hit play & you could rewind back through the buffer to the last point when the text display changed, also was super convenient when listening to talk radio & receiving a phone call, sadly it seems to be one thing i lost upon "upgrading" to a 2016

Back