iPhone 7 USB connection (error) issues with Pre-2016 headunits

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
Just received my iPhone 7 running iOS 10.1.1 today and tried plugging it into USB of my 2013 CX-5 as I usually do with my iPhone 6s (running iOS 10.1.1 as well). Had no luck and kept showing "iPOD ERROR" on the headunit. Tried restarting botht he phone and hard resetting the headunit resulting in the same error message. Works fine with my iPhone 6S and SE when i plug those in.

Anyone else having this issue?

PS: I prefer the higher quality audio with the cable connection paired with the snappy feedback from the controls as opposed to using Bluetooth (2-3 second delays at best).

Yes I have the same issue on my 2013 CX5 with iphone 7. The iphone 7 connected to USB fine when new but after a few weeks it stopped connecting. Other family members have iphone 6 and 6s running on ios 10.1.1 and they connect through USB fine. I prefer connecting through USB as well as I purchased the GT model for the additional speakers etc the sound quality through bluetooth is not as good and playlists are not visable through bluetooth. I hope Mazda and Apple have a fix for this soon.

**update** My Iphone 7 was replaced today, however it coincided with release of IOS 10.2. I'm not sure which one fixed the problem but my 2013 CX5 now reads music when connected through the USB/lightning cable. I can now use the 'ipod' function in the CX5 and see all the playlists on my iphone 7.

Back