Mazda5 2006 keyfob

Biggie121

:
Mazda 5 2006
I can not program my keyfob i thought it was because of the bad actuator so i fixed that thanks to the great write up on this forum.

now im still stuck not being able to program the keyfob.

I am going to order a new key fob online but i don't know which FCC number i need because this key i have doesnt work and the car was boughten used. I do not have a spare key or keyfob.

my questions are

Is there a fuse i can check first before buying a new keyfob could that potentially be a problem?

Or is there any way to tell what FCC ID number keyfob i need by checking a part on the actual car?

help much appreciated

Do you have any working keyfobs? This may help: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123695620-Spare-Key-amp-Fob-Programming-for-Mazda5. There are vin#s and part numbers for parts in the linked file.

As I recall, you need 2 working keys to program another key. You may need to go to dealer and have them do it. The remotes are programmed in a different way - you just need 1 working key.

Hey sorry if i confused you. Im only trying to program the remote fob not program a new key. I only got one key with the car. Its the remote that doesnt work no matter how.many times i try to program it

Back