Mazda Total Advantage Service Plan Pricing

Oil Change + Tire rotation is typically $89 at my dealership. FYI, I get to use the Castrol $20 rebate though. Not sure you could on that service plan? Since I bought new tires my rotations are free via Discount Tires. Oil changes with fluid/brakes inspection are basically $59 - $20 = $39. At every 5k miles for 5 years it would be about $468 for me.

Windshield wipers should last 2-3 years. You merely need the rubber inserts. About $6 each online.

I use AEM Dry Flow filter for Engine. Cleanable and lasts life of the car. $31.99 on Amazon.

Cabin Filters could be had for $15 or less on places like Ebay or rockauto.com.

Wheel balance free at Discount tires. $0.

Wheel alignment. Never needed one. Brakes feel smooth and tires wear evenly.

15k mile service- Redundant. See the above.

30k mile service -Redundant. see the above.

45k mile service- Redundant. See above. I had transmission fluid flushed/changed for $199. I'm 99.99% sure this service isn't included in that redundant 45k mile service.

60k mile service- Redundant. See Above before 45k mile services.

In total (without tax) I've spent about $777 dollars in owning a CX-5 from Spring 2012 to today. That's including the the transmission fluid flushed/change that dealerships tend to exclude from their "X"K mile service. Shoot throw in a new set or tires for about $600 mounted and that adds up to $1377 total cost of ownership not including gas.

Oil Change + Tire rotation is typically $89 at my dealership. FYI, I get to use the Castrol $20 rebate though. Not sure you could on that service plan? Since I bought new tires my rotations are free via Discount Tires. Oil changes with fluid/brakes inspection are basically $59 - $20 = $39. At every 5k miles for 5 years it would be about $468 for me.

Windshield wipers should last 2-3 years. You merely need the rubber inserts. About $6 each online.

I use AEM Dry Flow filter for Engine. Cleanable and lasts life of the car. $31.99 on Amazon.

Cabin Filters could be had for $15 or less on places like Ebay or rockauto.com.

Wheel balance free at Discount tires. $0.

Wheel alignment. Never needed one. Brakes feel smooth and tires wear evenly.

15k mile service- Redundant. See the above.

30k mile service -Redundant. see the above.

45k mile service- Redundant. See above. I had transmission fluid flushed/changed for $199. I'm 99.99% sure this service isn't included in that redundant 45k mile service.

60k mile service- Redundant. See Above before 45k mile services.

In total (without tax) I've spent about $777 dollars in owning a CX-5 from Spring 2012 to today. That's including the the transmission fluid flushed/change that dealerships tend to exclude from their "X"K mile service. Shoot throw in a new set or tires for about $600 mounted and that adds up to $1377 total cost of ownership not including gas.

Sounds like a sucker deal to me and I work at a Mazda /Ford /Nissan dealership . I am not in sales or service either !!

2-3 years? with cheap $6 blades? I've used a lot of different blades from cheap ones to the most expensive bosch ones. They always tend to dry out in the summer and be crap the next year. That could also be where I live since its Cali and more sun/heat possibly. The only wiper blades I have EVER last 2-3 years are the PIAA Super Silicone wiper blades. For some reason those seem to withstand not drying out, but there also around $20 each. Anyways, big picture it's still a minor thing in terms of cost of the plan. It's a super cheap thing reguardless, but still kind of nice to not have to worry about.

I bought it, but I also got it for half price. At half price, the whole 5 year maintenance plan is cheaper than my old's car 60K service alone ($1300-1500 depending on where you go). It's mostly for piece of mind. No expenses to worry about when the services are due, not having to set money aside when they come up. Just drop it off and not worry about it. I also think it will save me in the long run because I plan to make use of all those and won't be doing any of the labor myself.

2-3 years? with cheap $6 blades? I've used a lot of different blades from cheap ones to the most expensive bosch ones. They always tend to dry out in the summer and be crap the next year. That could also be where I live since its Cali and more sun/heat possibly. The only wiper blades I have EVER last 2-3 years are the PIAA Super Silicone wiper blades. For some reason those seem to withstand not drying out, but there also around $20 each. Anyways, big picture it's still a minor thing in terms of cost of the plan. It's a super cheap thing reguardless, but still kind of nice to not have to worry about.

Not cheap blades- OEM. Its not the heat per se that kills them (I live if Phoenix). Its the direct sunlight's radiation that breaks the rubber down to produce cracks. We also don't get much rain. Possibly certain car wash chemicals affect rubber too. Our mazdas are parked in garages at home and work away from sunlight. I also use uv inhibitor car washes and and spray waxes which may help too. FYI, we're still on the original oem rear wipers from 2012. Fronts I swapped 2 months ago.

MEG-G17748_ml.jpg

I bought it, but I also got it for half price. At half price, the whole 5 year maintenance plan is cheaper than my old's car 60K service alone ($1300-1500 depending on where you go). It's mostly for piece of mind. No expenses to worry about when the services are due, not having to set money aside when they come up. Just drop it off and not worry about it. I also think it will save me in the long run because I plan to make use of all those and won't be doing any of the labor myself.

That's a better deal if purchased for half the price.

Not cheap blades- OEM. Its not the heat per se that kills them (I live if Phoenix). Its the direct sunlight's radiation that breaks the rubber down to produce cracks. We also don't get much rain. Possibly certain car wash chemicals affect rubber too. Our mazdas are parked in garages at home and work away from sunlight. I also use uv inhibitor car washes and and spray waxes which may help too. FYI, we're still on the original oem rear wipers from 2012. Fronts I swapped 2 months ago.

MEG-G17748_ml.jpg

That's a better deal if purchased for half the price.

I use the same car wash, it's possible that helps protect them. I park outside in Texas... no lack of heat or sun there. Could be the OEM blades have a UV inhibitor in the rubber too, now.

I am mostly going to get the service done at a dealership as per the service schedule.
I will not be buying the pre paid plan.

I saw that there are multiple dealerships near me and have various coupons/deals going for a oil change and tire rotation.

Back