2016 Mazda CX5 Clock / Time Issue

miller4014

:
2016 mazda cx5 FWD
Has anyone heard/come across an issue with 2016 Mazda CX5 time and GPS Sync issues? I have only had the car a week and a half and the time was working correctly but the infotainment system has crashed several times and after the first time the time is always around 3:30. I had the dealership update me to the latest OS version and when I got the car back I noticed the time was still wrong (I was hoping that would fix it). The tech acted surprised and gave me a lame answer of just use the manual clock setting even though I have nav. Well I set it manually and it appeared to be okay but then when I turned the car on several hours later the time went back to around 3:30. This is very frustrating. BTW when selecting GPS Sync it does absolutely nothing to the clock. My navigation does work. Any thoughts/ideas? The only thing I could find on the internet is someone with a Mazda6 where they had to have the head unit replaced. Maybe have them do a factory reset of the OS? Thanks...

Maybe have them do a factory reset of the OS?
Don't expect the "factory reset" can help you on this issue as your dealer should have done the reset while doing the OS upgrade. This is definitely not the OS version issue and it should be the clock chip simply went south. This means the whole head unit should get replaced because the dealer or Mazda won't do any component level fixes. Don't waste your time to let your dealer to do anything else.

Twice my CX5 has "reset" the clock back to the prime meridian time for no rhyme or reason. So I have to go back in and select which time zone to reset it to. I'm mildly annoyed I can't reset it while driving (but of course you can scroll thru your entire iTunes library while driving).

I did a Nav. update right after I bought mine in November. When I drove mine home from the dealer I noted that the clock was set correctly. Later that night, I put the updated Nav. SD card into the slot, and noticed the clock was set to an hour later than local time. I set it manually and un-checked the Sync with GPS option.

Then did the current Nav. update (from Dec. 3rd) and set the clock to sync with GPS. Clock is still right.

Sorry for the old thread bump but my girlfriends '16 CX-5 does the same thing turning off the daylight savings time and switching time zones.

We do have GPS sync selected and I'm going to turn that off which I assume should correct it but we will see.

The thing is she bought the car used and didn't have any issues with it until her head unit was replaced due to the CD player not working at all since she has owned it.

If for some reason it still does it with GPS sync off, would that be something to just take to the dealer and have it replaced again? The dealer she went to, this was the first head unit replacement they have ever done.

Back