Private car ownership is on the road to becoming a rarity

Lol. This article is about as realistic as all those Popular Science articles from the '50s about what life would be like in the 20th century. It's pretty obvious reading the article that the guy writing it doesn't have kids. Good luck carting your car seat into the automated car every time you want to go someplace. I do think that there will be a trend over the next 25 years towards automated transportation, but I think that reality never moves as fast as we think it will.

Think about it - in the last 20 years what major earth shattering changes have there been with anything other than cell phones? We all carry the internet in our pockets at all time, but essentially our lives now are no different day to day than they were 25 years ago, other than the fact that we all spend a lot more time staring at screens other than TV.

Lol. This article is about as realistic as all those Popular Science articles from the '50s about what life would be like in the 20th century. It's pretty obvious reading the article that the guy writing it doesn't have kids. Good luck carting your car seat into the automated car every time you want to go someplace. I do think that there will be a trend over the next 25 years towards automated transportation, but I think that reality never moves as fast as we think it will.

Think about it - in the last 20 years what major earth shattering changes have there been with anything other than cell phones? We all carry the internet in our pockets at all time, but essentially our lives now are no different day to day than they were 25 years ago, other than the fact that we all spend a lot more time staring at screens other than TV.

I subscribed to Pop Sci for about 20 years. I don't think any of their predictions ever came true. I got tired of their inane articles and cancelled my subscription.

Back