2015 CX5 Touring - multiple dash lights on

:
Mazda CX5 Touring
Hello! My name's Mike and the CX5 is our first Mazda purchase and so-far we've been super happy with it. However, my wife text me today with a picture of her dashboard indicator lights. She went into a store and when she came out and started the vehicle, the TPM, ABS, Brake, and Stability lights came on. She said the CX5 drove fine and she made it home without any issues. Any ideas what this could be? I did a search on the forum after signing up and I didn't see anyone with the same issue. When I get home I'm going to scan the computer for any codes.

About two weeks ago, she had a different set of lights come on. She had the CEL, the Red Key with "!", and TPM illuminate while driving. She pulled over and restarted the car. All of the lights went off about 40 miles later. Because the CEL was on, I checked the codes and it had a U0151. The research on that says communication was lost with a module.

I'm sure the two incidence are not related, but it is starting to concern me that my new 2015 CX5 with less than 15,000 miles is having issues already. Any thoughts or advice, especially on the most recent indicator lights, might be would be very appreciated! Thank you.

Mike
Dash_zpsqeqtqizs.jpeg

I'd have to look in my FSM on that one.... I haven't heard of that one. They are brake related so possibly relates to some issue in that system. Assuming the lights are on all the time should be easier for dealer to track down.

... when she came out and started the vehicle, the TPM, ABS, Brake, and Stability lights came on.

About two weeks ago, she had a different set of lights come on. She had the CEL, the Red Key with "!", and TPM illuminate while driving. She pulled over and restarted the car. All of the lights went off about 40 miles later. Because the CEL was on, I checked the codes and it had a U0151. The research on that says communication was lost with a module.
I believe these symptoms are related. From your description I suspect one of your speed sensors located near wheels either got damaged or just became faulty. The speed sensors are detecting the revolution of wheels and calculating the speed, providing such info to all the systems which now you're having trouble.

You have warranty so take your CX-5 to your dealer and hopefully they'll fix it for you soon.

Could be a tire speed sensor or something like that? That could mess up all of those systems. Dealer will fix it for free. Go see 'em!

I had a similar problem with my 2016 Touring. All of a sudden the TPMS and Traction control indicator (swervy car indicator on the tach) came on and there were two malfuction warnings in the warning screen. At the time the car had 900 miles on it. I checked the pressure in all tires and they were fine. Did a TPMS reset and everything disappeared including the warnings in the infotainment screen. Hopefully the ECM logs these events and Mazda can pull them. Anyway, it's 400 miles later and about 3 weeks and I haven't seen anything.

If you have the warning screen on your 2015 take a picture for the service dept. You may want to check your tire pressure and then try resetting the TPMS indicator on the left of the steering wheel. If not take it to the dealer so they can look at it.

All newer cars loaded with this much technology will have a minor glitch from time to time. It's really nothing to be concerned with as long as it resets itself and operates normally.

Best to get it checked out, won't cost you anything. My stepdaughter had her dash lights go off (all of them), turns out it needed a software update that should've been done before she got the vehicle 2 years ago. You never know with these things. People have been stranded on the freeway or have had their car shut down on them or go in some kind of limp mode in a busy intersection. Tech is nice when it works but leaves you doubtful when the first gremlin shows up.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'll try to slide under sometime this week to take a look at the condition of the wheel sensors. The warning lights did go out, so the issue is apparently intermittent. I will make an appointment to have it looked at. Thanks again everyone! -Mike

Back