5 Quart Castrol EDGE 0W-20 for under $30

Well,

I have the fumoto valve installed last oil change, so i do not need the drain plug washer.
I got the filter from e-bay for $9.74.
Plus i am on amazon prime.
Still a good deal.

Just notice the Med Center Mazda banner is missing from the site.

Castrol Edge is an excellent oil and also recommended by Mazda. But I'd want to try Mazda oil with moly.

Yeah, the website was having some changes last night and the screen design has changed a bit. I think Med Center Mazda may no longer be the sponsor here.

I just got two 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 0w20 at Walmart for 23.66 and there is currently a $12 rebate through the end of the month. 11.66 for 5 quarts is a cool 2.3/quart. My dealer uses pennzoil platinum. I may switch to that once I'm done with the free change and Mobil.

Edit, my dealer sells filter for 6.29. So less than 18 bucks for my first 2 changes is pretty good IMO.

Med Center Mazda, charges me $20.37 for shipping, not a good deal.
Those oils are heavy and shipping will be expensive. Just take advantage of free-shipping by ordering 3 oil change kits like I did. Also you save sales tax by ordering from them as I have to pay the sale tax to Wal-Mart and Amazon.

There's also mail-in rebate offer good through the summer for this oil that our dealership submits on our behalf. I think it mirrors the sale that Amazon has.

There's also mail-in rebate offer good through the summer for this oil that our dealership submits on our behalf. I think it mirrors the sale that Amazon has.
You meant Castrol or Mazda oil?

I still think getting 5 Quarts of Mazda 0w20 Moly Oil, Mazda SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY Oil Filter, and Drain Plug Washer from Med Center Mazda for $39.32 is a better deal.

+1 Just order enough to get free shipping and they are by far the best price. FAST shipping too, two business days from Alabama to Virginia. This time, I got two moly oil change kits, a new cabin air filter, regular air filter and a touch-up paint pen.

The filters I don't need yet but will eventually and I was going to buy the touch-up paint pen anyways, might as well bundle it all together.

Can anyone confirm that the Mazda oil mentioned here is the one with high moly? As I understand it, idemitsu also has a "normal" moly content oil. In other words, anyone know how to tell which is which?

Can anyone confirm that the Mazda oil mentioned here is the one with high moly? As I understand it, idemitsu also has a "normal" moly content oil. In other words, anyone know how to tell which is which?
The bottle of Mazda Moly oil does say "Includes high levels of MOLYBDENUM (Moly) which reduces wear, especially at low temperatures where the anti wear agents are inactive".

Since SkyActiv engines need high idle right after the start-up to heat up the catalytic converter quicker due to its long 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, that's why Mazda recommends us to use moly oil.

For what it is worth, I want to point out that this is really the older Castrol Syntec formulation, instead of the newer Castrol EDGE formulation. The real Castrol EDGE comes in a golden jug, whereas the older Castrol Syntec comes in black jugs.

Back