Door hinge and seat foam squeak sound

chrisforfd

:
2014 CX-5 GT AWD with all options
Its been 11 months since I bought my 14 CX5 GT AWD, and I love it. This car does what it suppose to do, saving gas, good handling and comfort...etc. We even drove it ski resort at Colorado mountains last Christmas, and stock 19" Toyo A23 did good at snow. However, no car is perfect. I do have some complains regarding to door hinge and front driver seat foam keep having squeak sound sometimes. My driver side door appears squeak sound recently, but not constantly. What do you guys use for lubricating your door hinge?

Second, my driver seat has this foam rubbing sound sometimes. I can fix by digging out the back support foam. What you need to do is inserting fingers in the gap between back and lumber support, and pulling out back support foam so they don't rub each other. However, this is only a temporary solution. I have to do this every couple months to fix rubbing foam.

Third, since I never used emergency nor spare tire on this car, I also never open spare tire area. Last weekend I opened it first time, and found out this car is missing car jack lever. I would suggest everyone check your spare tire area to see if you are also missing stuffs.

Anyway, all of them are not big issues. This is a great car to own and drive, and I glad that I bought this car.

I thought my driver's door hinges were squeaking too, but discovered that what actually makes the noise is the front corner of the lower plastic door cladding rubbing on the lower body weatherstrip as the door opens and closes. Put a dab of vasolene on the tip of the corner and the noise goes away (at least until the vasolene wears off!).

My hinge was squeaking too. I tried some WD40 but perhaps the squeaking part was not directly accessible, I did not help at all.
I mentioned it in my last oil change and now the door does not squeak.

WD40 wouldn't work on door hinges. That's not what it's for. White lithium is preferred for those applications.

My CX-5's driver side door has a slight squeak as well. It is actually the lower rubber door seal. Proper way to treat and protect door seals (which will degrade) is to apply a dedicated conditioner/protectant. 1Z Gummi is quite popular. You may want to look into that.

^ what he said. I cleaned off the lower weather stripping and applied gummi pfledge to the strip and all noise went away.

My both front doors are squeaking, when I open and close them.

I had this issue too. Mentioned it to my local s**** dealer who said it was because the door seals were so good. bulls*** I said, the door seals are s*** and let in too much road noise. So the $tealer took a look and made the noise worse. I resolved it myself with gummi.

Its been 11 months since I bought my 14 CX5 GT AWD, and I love it. This car does what it suppose to do, saving gas, good handling and comfort...etc. We even drove it ski resort at Colorado mountains last Christmas, and stock 19" Toyo A23 did good at snow. However, no car is perfect. I do have some complains regarding to door hinge and front driver seat foam keep having squeak sound sometimes. My driver side door appears squeak sound recently, but not constantly. What do you guys use for lubricating your door hinge?

Second, my driver seat has this foam rubbing sound sometimes. I can fix by digging out the back support foam. What you need to do is inserting fingers in the gap between back and lumber support, and pulling out back support foam so they don't rub each other. However, this is only a temporary solution. I have to do this every couple months to fix rubbing foam.

Third, since I never used emergency nor spare tire on this car, I also never open spare tire area. Last weekend I opened it first time, and found out this car is missing car jack lever. I would suggest everyone check your spare tire area to see if you are also missing stuffs.

Anyway, all of them are not big issues. This is a great car to own and drive, and I glad that I bought this car.

I've had the seat squeak. Seemed related to lumbar adjustment, a little manipulation and I haven't heard it since.

I had this issue too. Mentioned it to my local s**** dealer who said it was because the door seals were so good. bulls*** I said, the door seals are s*** and let in too much road noise. So the $tealer took a look and made the noise worse. I resolved it myself with gummi.

What do you mean by gummi?
What is the problem?

gummi pfledge - do a search. It's very good for rubber seals.

Back