Upgrades to my MP5 2.0

MarioC

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 2.0 5Speed
Hello all, just joined the Forum. Recently purchased a n/a MP5 5speed and am looking to possibly put some boost to it, was hoping that some of you all that have done this can point me in the right direction. Primarily it has to do with how well the 2.0 is built and how well it handles boost...Is this the same block that they use on the MP5 Speed?

Well, MR Wikipedia answered part of the question...FS-DET is actually just a turbocharged FS-DE, no internal changes. Still, how many pounds of boost can I safely push and what kind of HP gains can I expect?

use the search function in the upper right corner and you'll find a lot of info on the topic.

with full bolt ons and a piggyback you can run up to 10psi relatively safely. whp varies depending on the mods/tune, i've seen higher than 210 and as low as 150

Thanks Brian. The vehicle is 100% stock right now so im starting from scratch. If I wanted to drop $1K-$1,500, what would you recommend? I want safe reliable power, and no loud exhaust...thoughts?

Anyone out there have some of these OEM MSP Turbo parts that may want to sell? Must paypal...shipping to Utah.

Back