Accessing rear speakers on 2012 Mazda5?

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport 6MT
Can any tell me (or point me to instructions online somewhere) how to get to the rear speakers? I've got a project in mind that requires me to get to the connectors on the speakers but I don't know which panels to pull off.

Thanks,
Ryan

I have had the rear of our '12 apart and it looks the same as the pics in the above link. I plan to add deadening to both cavities, which will help with road noise and usually greatly improves speaker sound especially in the low-mid range. I used to use polyfill as another member here with a VW uses, but will now use a denim insulation.

Thanks for the replies. I was getting a little worried when I didn't see any answers for a few weeks.

If the temps hold out I shall try to get to those speakers this weekend. I forgot to order the switches for this project, so I'll just poke around and perhaps leave the panels loose until they arrive. Having loose panels and trimwork around the back of the car will make it match the front, with all of the spare panels filling up the middle seats. I'm just waiting on the cabin air filters and my iPod switch widget and then I can put the dash back together. Maybe.

Back