Does 2014 stock Bluetooth work with an iPod?

ChEPhD

:
2014 Mazda5 Grand Touring
I'm thinking of buying a 2014 Mz5GT. I see in the car manual that you can use a cell phone through the included Bluetooth, but it doesn't mention using Bluetooth with a music player. I know you can use the USB port to play your music, but does anyone know if the Bluetooth is compatible with an iPod?

Thanks! And does the voice recognition work for playing music, like it does with making phone calls? Or is that too much to hope for...

Thanks! And does the voice recognition work for playing music, like it does with making phone calls? Or is that too much to hope for...

The kids can use BT for summoning Siri, and it does work. I have not paid attention enough to it to determine if the ipod is picking up the voice input from the Mazda BT mic or the ipod itself, but it does work.

I should also mention the BT works great with the wife's Nokia cell, but not so great with my previous Samsungs or my Sony cell. Connectivity issues it seems.

Thanks! Got the car, played around with the Bluetooth and my iPod, and got the iPod music player to respond to voice commands through the Bluetooth. You have to turn off Siri and use the Voice Command thingy. Love modern technology!

Back