Possible transmission problem?

Martingo

:
Mazda 3, 2007
I bought a used 2007 Mazda 3 automatic three months ago. I have noticed that when driving on the hi way at a steady 100kph and have to reduce speed because of a slower car in front of me, and then re accelerating again the engine seems to over rev before responding. I can only compare it to the clutch slipping on a manual shift. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

How much does the car Rev up when this occurs. Nearly all new automatic transmissions have a Torque Converter Clutch which locks and unlocks according to controls in the PCM and engine load. Because the Turbines inside the torque converter when spinning past each other create two different fluid paths the torque of the car is multiplied when the Torque Converter is unlocked. This however doesn't equate to efficient drivetrains engagement and is usually accounts for the loss of fuel economy when comparing an automatic to a manual. The torque converter clutch locks in order to make the torque converter nearly 100% efficient at transmitting energy front he engine to the transmission. So this revving that your experiencing may just be the torque converter unlocking to provide extra torque when accelerating again.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Back