What happened to AAC? - Wilwood Big Brake Kit question.

I am trying to delve into the search function to figure out what happened to all of AAC's threads. And why AAC is no longer a main sponsor. I’ve sent a message to AAC and haven’t gotten a response yet.

AAC was coming out with killer products, I attempted to search the forum and archives for the Wilwood Big Brake kit information which pertained the torque specs for the rotors, different pads to get rid of the annoying squeal and other information I neglected to save assuming it would remain.

If anyone has any information that would be helpful, or if I failed at life with the search function please let me know.

What happened to AAC?

(wiggle)

Last edited:
Here's some installation tips for the front kit...

Bracket install:
IMAG0083.jpg

Notice how the custom AAC Brackets bolt on in front of the hub. Passing the bolt through the hub and threading it into the bracket, ACC logo facing out. The 6 or 4 piston Wilwood calipers bolt on to the back of our custom brackete3s. Passing the bolts through the caliper and then threading onto the upper most holes of the bracket. Use High Heat Lock Tight on all 4 bolts and torque to 75 ft/lb's

Rotor Hat:
rotorhattorque.jpg

Hat sits on top of rotor. Install all bolts with washers on hat side, again apply High Heat Lock Tight and tighten by hand. Torque bolts in sequence seen above to 25 ft/lb's, then again at 30-35ft/lb's. This is essential to ensure rotors do not pre-maturely warp!!! Dont skip this step!

Lines:
Goodrich lines come with a banjo fitting on the end that is not compatible with the wilwood calipers. Simply un-bolt the fitting from the line and install the 90 degree fitting included in the package. We recommend you put the line on the caliper before it goes in the car, will make life much easier.

Classic Wilwood pad squeak. Mine both squeak crazy loud once there up to temp and start working.

Wilwood makes tons of pads for these calipers: http://www.wilwood.com/BrakePads/Bra...x?padtype=7420. BP-20 would be a good choice.

Even Hawk and Afco make replacement pads.

What about replacement rotors?
yup coleman > http://www.colemanracing.com/

Thickness = 1.25
Diameter = 13.0
Flange Diameter = 6.40
Eye Diameter = 9.10
Hole Size = .316
No. Holes = 8
Bolt Circle = 7.0
Front Face (Scallop out to ) = 8.75 Eye Diameter
Gas Vented = Yes or No (specify how many you want)

I have sent him about 6 emails over the past 2 weeks saying to please send an invoice to my paypal so I can pay for 6 sets of sag brackets, he keeps saying yes and never sends them, looks like I will have to go somewhere else to fix the front bumper sag, don't know where though.

Thank you for the information.

Anyone try any pads that haven’t squealed? I looked up Wilwood BP-20, but trying to figure out which set is going to work and not squeal.

Anyone have the actual brake pad part number or model so that I can search successfully for a replacement?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Thank you for the information.

Anyone try any pads that havent squealed? I looked up Wilwood BP-20, but trying to figure out which set is going to work and not squeal.

Anyone have the actual brake pad part number or model so that I can search successfully for a replacement?

Thanks,

Does yours squeal from BOTH left and right?

AAC has sent me this information. I am good to go. Ordering BP-20 pads ASAP. (nana)

Here are the part numbers for the calipers and pads. I included both sets as Im not sure what calipers you have. Both use the same pads.

Piston: 4 Piston Area: 4.12 Pad Volume: 4.9 Mount Description: 3.50" Lug Mount Rotor Width: 1.25 (with pads)

120-11133

Piston: 6 Piston Area: 4.12 Pad Volume: 4.9 Mount Description: 3.50" Lug Mount Rotor Width: 1.25 (with pads)

120-6585-FS | 120-6584-FS

Pad Set, BP-10, 7420,FSL, SL4/6

150-8854K

Wilwood Brake Pad Shims - Part#300-8460 removed the squeal. (bow)

I am very excited. :)

Sorry for reviving a old thread, wanted to post this to others who experienced the same issue.

Back